photo bomber | n.rk

i walked through the entrance of a local art museum. i smiled as i saw all the beautiful paintings, pictures, and sculptures everywhere. with every turn there was a new artwork on display. i was so happy as i examined every thing i saw, pulling out my camera to snap a few pictures. it was heaven, it was euphoric. i felt home. i walked around with an idiotic smile, eager to see more art. i walked out the back to an outdoor section with sculptures and beautiful scenery. "wow," i whispered. i walked along the path, falling in love with every art piece my gaze fell upon. i quickly grabbed my camera to take a few more pictures. when i looked down to review my pictures, i saw a boy in the background. i groaned and rolled my eyes as i held my camera up to retake the picture. i checked the pictures again and there were no photo bombers to be seen. i smiled, proudly, and continued on the pathway. it lead me under a bridge with a thin glass railing separating the guests from a crystal clear pond with gorgeous koi fish. i gasped at the pure beauty that lied in front of me, immediately pulling my camera up. before i could snap a picture i heard kids yelling and laughing while running. i was accidentally pushed by one of them and went falling forward. i let out a scream and closed my eyes tightly as i realized what was happening. but i suddenly stopped. i wasn't wet nor did i hit the ground. i opened my eyes and saw the pond below me. i looked up and saw the photo bomber holding me in place. "woah, those kids almost drowned you," he said, laughing lightly. i laughed a little, grounding myself. "thank you for saving me. and my camera! i would've died if it fell," i said, holding the camera close to my chest. we laughed and he waved his camera that was around his neck. "same here. you're a photographer?" "no just a side passion. i'm an artist actually." "wow! really!? is your art here!?" "actually it is. at the end. i can show you later if you want?" "yes please!" he said with a sparkle in his eyes. i could see he had the same euphoric feeling in his heart that i did. "are you a photographer?" "oh, no. just a side thing like you. i'm a dancer." "ooh! that's so cool. my body could never," i said, earning a laugh from him. "i'm riki," he said extending out his hand. "y/n," i said shaking his hand. we started walking along the pathway. we talked and found we had a lot in common. i loved his company and suddenly i could feel myself wanting to spend every moment with him. we walked into the last building. "oh my painting is coming up!" i smiled thinking about it. "i'm sure it's gorgeous. you really have an eye for amazing art." i blushed lightly. "thank you." we continued walking and talking until i saw my painting. "here it is. it's definitely not the best we've seen today but i'm definitely proud of it." his jaw was basically on the floor as he fumbled his camera a little and immediately went to take a picture. "kl, get in. next to your masterpiece." i laughed, trying to cover up the my flustered expression. i stood next to my painting and smiled. "pretty," he whispered. i walked up and stood behind him. i stood on my tippy toes trying to look at the pictures in riki's hands. "dude, you're so tall!" he laughed. he lowered his camera and showed me the pictures. "you're so good at photography, riki." "and you're art is amazing. i love it, kl." i smiled at him. we made our way out and stood at the exit just talking. "i enjoyed meeting you, riki. today was really fun." "i loved every second kl. here. my number so we can hang out again," he said while handing me a slip of paper. i smiled down at it as i grabbed it and slipped it into my pocket. "thank you, again, kl. i've gotta go now but i hope to see you very soon." and with that he left. "me too, photo bomber," i whispered, as i watched him walk away.