나비 | k.su

나비
(pronounced "nah-bee")
a nectar-feeding insect with two pairs of large, typically brightly colored wings that are covered with microscopic scales. Butterflies are distinguished from moths by having clubbed or dilated antennae, holding their wings erect when at rest, and being active by day.

i stared out the window while listening to my friends talk about their classes. "y/ln y/n!" i turned my head to see my friends looking at me sternly. i gave them an innocent smile. "huh?" yuna sighed. "no use. all you do is stare off at sunoo." "i do not!" "oh. and what were you staring at?" "the grotto!" aera rolled her eyes. "always the same excuse." "just admit you were looking at sunoo. we won't judge you." "yea, we already know you like him!" i looked at aera and then at yuna. "i do not like him. he's just a friend okay. i was looking at the pretty leaves outside, okay?" "yea, yea. whatever." i rolled my eyes and continued eating. i did like him but i would never admit it to anyone. we were just friends.

i looked out the window again to see a butterfly sitting on the bushes outside. "나비" i whispered. "huh?" "a butterfly. outside." i stared at the small insect. the pretty blue on the wings giving it so much beauty. "i'll be right back."

i felt the nice spring breeze on my face as i walked outside. i smiled as i walked into the small grotto, admiring the plants and wildlife. i found the bushes and saw the butterfly sitting on a pink flower. i watched as it did it's thing. "beautiful, right?" i jumped a little, turning to see the sudden voice. "blue butterflies have always been my favorite." my gaze met his. i smiled softly at him. "mine too," i said gently, looking back at the butterfly. "follow me," he said, grabbing my hand. i turned and followed him quickly. he lead me deeper into the grotto and soon we saw more flowers with even more butterflies. "대박," i whispered, walking closer. my hand left his as i continued making way to the tiny creatures. i smiled as i stood close to them. i slowly put my hand up to one and it crawled onto my finger. "it likes you." i smiled at the small butterfly. i turned to show him the butterfly on my finger. "i think it does." "me too." my eyes went wide. "what?" i looked up. the butterfly flew back to the bush and he walked closer to me. he took my hands in his and stared into my eyes. "i like you. just like that butterfly, you have me wrapped around your finger y/n. let me be your 나비." i felt my face heat up. i looked down at our intertwined hands and i just nodded, not saying a word. i heard a tiny squeal as he wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around. i giggled and quickly wrapped my arms around his neck to stabilize myself. "you can be my 나비, kim sunoo."