Chap. 28

TRIGGER WARNING: THE MALE MC PRESENTS SOME ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR

"Why were you flirting with Chiara?" As Villain carried her to their room, Kaia unleashed her wrath. She began crying, fat teardrops crisscrossing across her cheeks. 

"I wasn't," Villain muttered. 

"You were letting her touch you!" Kaia fisted his shirt in her hands, slamming her tiny, balled fists against his hard chest. She couldn't control the sobs that ripped from her throat, and started hyperventilating. 

"Breathe, sweet girl," Villain crooned. "It wasn't like that." Villain thrusted their bedroom door open and gently placed Kaia's feet on the ground. He watched his angel with tears dripping down her face, as she struggled for gulps of air. 

"Yes it was! I saw you smile at her and you let her touch you!" Kaia stormed into their closet, and tried to shut the door behind her. Villain's foot slid through the crack and he effortlessly pushed his way inside. Kaia bared her teeth and flipped around. She attempted to unzip her luxurious gown, but her arm couldn't reach the zipper. Villain roughly grabbed her throat and brought Kaia to stand before him.

"So that I could get you to leave, Kaia," Villain hissed, caressing her neck. "I didn't want my innocent angel to see us kill her." Kaia stopped struggling, her mouth dropping open with this information. Villain took the opportunity to unzip her dress and helped her out of it.

"What?" Kaia breathlessly left the closet and slipped into the bathroom. Opening the cabinet under the sink, she took out her makeup wipes and extracted one from the pack. She wiped her face, her hazel eyes locked on Villain in the mirror. She could feel the heat of his body on her back. 

"Would I kill someone I wanted?" Villain turned Kaia around, so they were facing each other and he could look straight into her eyes. He stole the makeup wipe from her hand, and caught her chin between his thumb and pointer finger.

"No," Kaia answered. She gazed up at him, her bare body on display. Villain wiped the little bit of lip gloss remaining on her pink lips.

"Then shut the fuck up," Villain growled. He discarded the wipe in the the trashcan and lifted Kaia back into his strong arms. She buried her face on his shoulder, feeling better now that her jealousy was gone. Villain turned the lights off, and dropped her on the bed, climbing in after her.

"So she's your job?" Kaia backed herself into Villain's warm embrace, snuggling close to him. He pulled the sheets up to her ears, so she wouldn't get cold during the night. 

"Part of it," Villain replied. Kaia knew it was wrong to kill people, but if there was anyone she wanted dead, it was Chiara. A small smile spread across the girl's face. Oblivious to how he was corrupting her, Villain pressed his forehead to the back of Kaia's neck and let his eyes drift close.

"Can you teach me how to shoot a gun," Kaia said after a few moments.

"You don't need to know how to do that," Villain responded in a low, tired voice. He thought Kaia wanted to learn because of Chiara's comment earlier that night. 

"Please," Kaia begged. Villain was silent, unsure. He knew this would help her better be able to protect herself, but he also knew that it would give Kaia another reason to want to leave him and go out on her own. 

"Sleep, sweet girl," Villain hushed.

♡♡♡♡♡

"Where are they from?" Alysha shoved the photo in Franko's face. The old man remained stoic, despite having a stab wound that was given in hopes of getting him to crack. Villain had to admit he was impressed.