Chapter 4: A Troublesome Encounter

Start from the beginning

???: Huh!? Excuse me!? Children like you shouldn't be here!

He said arrogantly as then he noticed Jack's death glare. The bandit felt shivers up on his spine, but he remains his composure, thinking that Jack is just a kid. That's what he though as Jack turned to you and asked...

Jack: Mom, can I hurt him?

(Y/N): Oh uh...sure, but don't do it too much. Just knock him out or something. 

Jack: Okay~!

Kazuma/Aqua/Bandit: Wait, what?!

And just like that, Jack pulled out her four daggers under her tattered cloak and throws four daggers directly towards the man's both thighs as he yelped in pain.

Bandit: AGH!!!! That shit hurts!!

The Bandit tries to take them out his thighs, but fails to notice that Jack is running up to him and dropkicks him in the face as the bandit falls back to the ground, knocking him out instantly.

Jack: There, all done now, mom~!

(Y/N): Is he knocked out?

Jack  went up to the Bandit and see that he was unconscious.

Jack: He's unconscious!

(Y/N): Whew, that's a relief

Aqua: Geez, I've never thought Jack the Ripper would be this dangerous!

Aqua exclaims as Kazuma spoke up.

Kazuma: That's because how Jack the Ripper acts, but she's also anti-hero as well. She may be a child, but she can be deadly in every battle. 

Kazuma casually stated back until you spoke up. 

(Y/N): Since the thief is knocked out, we should call the guards and arrest this man.

???: No need for that.

The four of you turned around to see four guards approaching you.

Guard 2: We saw the whole thing.

Guard 3: And I'm quite impressed that this little girl can handle on her own.

(Y/N): So, what's up with this dude, anyway?

You asked the guards.

Guard 4: THis guy's a bandit and he's been causing some trouble and robbing some new adventurers and weak parties. It's all thanks to that little girl of yours or maybe perhaps your party member. Here's your reward...take this 50,000 Eris.

Both Kazuma and Aqua found this shocking as the fourth guard gave you the 50,000 Eris as you take it from him.

(Y/N): W-Wow, um...thanks, I guess? 

Guard 1: Yeah. Anyways, we shall apprehend this guy.

And just like that, the third guard began to carry the unconscious bandit on his shoulder as the guards walked away.

(Y/N): Hey Jack, that was a good fight out there. You managed to save Kazuma, Aqua, and me.

Jack smiles happily before hugging you and spoke up.

Jack: Of course, I'll always save my mom! Always!

You smiled and returned the hug. That's when you felt a hand on your shoulder as you turn around to see Kazuma with a smile on his face until he spokeup.

Kazuma: I'm not gonna lie. Jack is quite an awesome assassin out there, but you should be careful when you're around with her, okay?

(Y/N): I will.