Chapter 31 MAE DAY

Start from the beginning

"Mae, he is fine," Lee said catching up to me.

"Fine! He is covered in bear drool and is all shook up. Shaken baby syndrome Lee!" I said glaring at him. Eye to eye and ready to kill him.

"He was hurting him..."

"Just you say one more 'supportive bear' thing and I will kill you with my bare hands!" I yelled.

"It was Bowdie. The bear is Bowdie. Suri took all the children into the woods to play hide and seek," he said. "He is retrieving them with the others."

"All the children?"

"Yes, even the babies. That is why my father is angry."

A roar nearly knocked me to the ground.

"STOP ROARING!" I screamed terrified. Bay started to cry.

"He has to do that to scare away... things you wouldn't understands," Lee said sighing.

"Well excuse me for being fucking human!" I snapped.

"I didn't mean it like that."

"I don't care what you meant just get in the woods and fetch the children," I said pointing towards it in anger.

"So now you are saying I can be a lion?" Lee said rolling his eyes.

"Right this minute, yes but not in the house," I said.

"Not in the house, great I am a being treated like a dog," he mumbled.

"If you don't stop moaning and go fetch the kids, you will be in the dog house. Now Lion up," I replied walking towards the house with Bay as Lee said 'yessss' and ran towards the woods.

The door was knocking when I walked through to the hallway with a screaming Bay. I answered it. I didn't have to be a non human to realise the men and one woman at the door were the counsel.

"Uncle requested..."

"You must be the Counsel, come in," I replied over the screamer in my arms.

I walked them through to the kitchen so I could be closer to the back door and action.

"I'm afraid everyone is in the woods as Suri has been up to her tricks and took all the children in there to play hide and seek. This one was just retrieved from the jaws of a bear."

I sounded so matter of fact about it as I was too angry to be afraid.

"Those woods," a man asked looking concerned as he gazed out the back door.

"Yes."

Another roar shook the place. It was a different roar to the last... Lee I thought to myself. Bloody Show off.

Bay leant towards one of the men to try and escape me. He stared at Bay and looked annoyed.

"She has cloaked them all," he said to the others. "This one was found by scent as he messed his nappy."

One smiled, amused but the other did not.

"Cloaked from those she knows, not those she doesn't," he added.

The smile fell off the others face. They all started to rummage in the pantry, bowls everywhere. It was so fast I was having trouble keeping up.

"We need to borrow the baby as a tracer to them. It won't hurt," the woman said taking Bay who was guzzling the bottle I just gave him.

"Go tell them we are working to break it and they are cloaked," I was told in a voice of urgency.

I walked outside my fear starting to get the better of me again as I approached the woods. Images of lions and bears running out had me wound so tight I could scream.