19| Arms of the Beloved

Começar do início

“I thought he deserved to know the news first hand”, Nandini chirped, breaking the stare down between the not so gentle Gentlemen. “Oh what news?” Surya was suddenly quite interested, “We are getting engaged very soon”.

“Oh my god!! What wonderful news this is!” Surya seemed genuinely happy at the announcement. He took a step forward with an intention to embrace Nandini but stopped, “I can hug you right?”.

Manik cringed internally. He was trying so hard to impress Nandini, but even he was sure that Nandini wouldn't agree to this, “Why not?”. Manik watched stumped, how easily Surya gave Nandini a warm hug and her smile just widened.

“Join us for the celebration, Surya, please. I would love to introduce you to my family”, Nandini seemed excited with the idea of Surya mingling with her family. Manik however couldn't come to terms with it. If he kept quiet even when Surya accepted her offer, it was for Nandini's sake. Else it wouldn't have taken a minute more for him to throw the person out.

Manik wondered what had changed since he last met him. He never had any strangeness for the guy, it was always Nandini, but now every fibre in Manik wanted to keep Surya away from Nandini.

“Please take Mr. Surya where everyone else is, we'll come after freshening up”, Nandini watched with a smile as the lady walked Mr. Surya till the elevator which leads to the terrace, before she along with Manik left for their room.

~•~

“So Mr. Surya ha?” Manik asked as the moment Nandini came out of the washroom looking like a blooming flower. Nandini just hummed in reply, busy in wearing the butterfly pendant that was giving her a tough time.

 Nandini just hummed in reply, busy in wearing the butterfly pendant that was giving her a tough time

“I thought he gave you strange vibes”, Manik who was on the bed, now stood behind Nandini with the pendant in his hands and his eyes locked with hers through the mirror

“He did”, Nandini chuckled and turned to face Manik after he had locked the pendant effortlessly and given a quick kiss on her nape, “He did till we had that talk but after that, it was something different”.