"I don't care what my brother asked for, he isn't here, and I rather not end up like him," I was about to walk away from them.

"She's an Azim Jemi."

That causes me to stop. The world stopped. I heard him but I didn't really understand.

"What are you talking about?"

"Your mother is an Azim, she's one of us.,"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Three hours later, my bag was packed with three days of clothing. I have changed into a black long sleeve top and a pair matching pair of jeans, along with my sneakers. My hair was in a curly afro which covered most of my forehead and stops at my shoulders. Convincing my mother that I was staying at a friend's house for three days wasn't too hard. She would be on a one-week business trip to the south side of St. Maris.

Or so she says.

A car horn signaled that Jason has arrived. A part of me didn't want to go but it was better than becoming a liability or sitting around think about my mother being a leader of an illegal organization.

Was I doing this? I should probably turn back. If I did, he would come for me. I saw it in his eyes after he killed Lia. That promising look that he would've killed me. As soon as I got into the passenger seat, Jason sense my growing fear.

"Nervous?"

"Afraid," I admit.

He starts the car and pulls away from the curb. I was doing this. The rearview mirror shows the reflection of my house disappearing as we moved further away. "Why? I would never hurt."

"It's not you. It's Wade."

"You shouldn't be afraid of him. Even though he killed thousands and blew up half the country, he's still human. He can feel pain, and he can die," My mouth parted to say something, and he speaks again. "Don't worry. I'm not going to kill him."

"You won't. The rest of the Three Rings might including my mother."

"Can you hold it against them? The man is a psychopath, literally a walking time bomb and your mom is technically an inactive member like Atticus."

I couldn't hold it against them, even though I didn't believe that killing anyone was right. Michael has done horrible things. My mother and Atticus are the last people I want to think about because if I do then nothing will make sense. "Where exactly are we going?".

"First, we are picking up the rest of the Seraphs, and then we're going into St. Augusta. The parish of wonders."

"You mean the parish of witchcraft and misery, home to Mount Khatara which the home to the Cimarron, very dangerous bow welding people." I correct him.

"Witchcraft and misery, where did you get that from? That is parishism which is a type of discrimination."

"There is no such word as parishism, and I'm right. A lot of weird stuff happens there," He kept defending his beautiful and radiant parish. I eventually ignore him.

A guy named Asher was picked up first. He was about six feet tall, with chocolate doe eyes, black hair, and dark brown skin  The other person was Tae. The last person is Amelia, who helped me during the blackout and was there in the hospital to witness that awkward jaw dropping moment in the hospital. She had long dark curly hair, hazel eyes, and a slender figure.