She offers me a glass of lemonade, and my hand's feeble hands tajesy it while searching my friend's face for any form of fear. I find none, which puzzles me. If she had told me that she was kidnapped for a day with the help of a doctor, my eyes would be bulging out of my head—but she just stood there. None of my words fazed her.

"Well, aren't you going to say anything?"

"Everything you told me sounds terrible," terrible, that's the adjective she used. Maybe my expectations were too high.

I bring the glass to my lips and drinks half the contents in one go. It had an unusually bitter taste that didn't taste as lemonade should. Placing the cup on the small coffee table next to me, I open my mouth to tell her that we should go somewhere today.

However, the task of lifting my tongue proved to be troublesome. I felt like paper, weak and unstable. "What's going on," the words slurs out of my mouth with great difficulty; my ears could barely make out the sound of her voice.

"Poor Jemi always the naive one yet so important."

I was in danger and I knew it. My eyes wanted to close despite my struggle against strange drowsiness. Dark spots fills my vision, the room turns into a blurry mess then there was complete darkness.

W

hen I came back to my sense, I was trapped in an old office that was probably located in an old building. Did she drug me? What is wrong with people and drugging me? Is this some new kind of fetish that they acquire somehow?

I pull myself up to find a way out. The transparent windows were shut tightly, it would not have mattered if they were open; the office was at least twenty feet off above the ground.

The gate divided the street from the garden below the building. It was clear enough for me to see the statue of Simon Baker. At least I knew where I was. It would only take an hour or so to get home from here, which is Manchester Avenue, St. Augusta.

The room was littered with white paper, a disheveled printer was sitting in the right corner, and the white walls were covered in cobwebs and dust. The afternoon sun was getting low which make the room dimmed. Why did she take me here? What was going through her mind? Was she involved with Three Rings?

There were a variety of questions running through my mind. It was hard to understand how I was kidnapped twice in one lifetime. Lia isn't a gang member, she would never affiliate herself with any form of violence. She was always happy and hyperactive. Much like myself excluding the hyperactive part.

The door opened and a man stepped in. His regal demeanor filled the room and overpowered me. He was neatly dressed in a grey jacket suit with matching pants. He places his hands in his pockets. His stance reminded me of Daniel's rigid posture.

"Jemima," the way his name rolled off my tongue caused me to hate the sound.

"What do you want with me?" I ask as calmly as I could although I was visibly trembling.

"I just want to ask you some questions."

His voice was familiar but I couldn't tell where I had heard it. "Of course, you already know who I am so no need for introductions."

Michael Wade. The hero of the nation.

Why didn't I recognize him before? I wanted to hug him and shower him with praises. Until my mind remember that he was an undercover gang leader who started the uprising and gave people false hope that he could make it better. In conclusion, Wade is like most politicians—a fraud only difference was that he's worse.

"Wade."

"Ah so you do know me."

"Who doesn't these days, what do you want to ask me?"

What could be so important that I was dragged all the way here? There better be a  good reason behind this confusion.

"What do you know about the this Three Rings business?"

"Nothing," I reply quickly.

"I need to know who they are, I need names and where they came from. I know they took you for a reason. Why?"

"I don't know he had on a mask...they all did" I lied.

He walks to the door and knocks on it twice, to my surprise Lia came into the room. Was she a part of this? Seeing is believing but this was impossible to believe.

"Kill her," he commands Lia coldly. Wade took a small gun out of his jacket and gives it to her. Lia's hands were trembling. She locked her dull brown eyes with mine and I could see the fear they held. Lia mouthed an "I'm sorry" as a few tears escapes down her cheeks

"Take it!"

She didn't.

Wade made one assertive move, pulling the safety off and pointing it at Lia. She begged for him to stop. I was screaming for him to leave her alone. It happened in one second. Time slowed down as the gun went off, droplets of blood splashed on the wall, my face, and his. There was a large red hole in her temple, with blood gushing from the wound. She stuttered backward, and then falls to the floor with a heavy thud.

My screams filled the air and despite the ringing in my ears I kept on screaming. I vigorously shook her lifeless body hoping she would wake up and tell me that this was all a joke. The logical part of me knew that could not be but I continued.

"When I get back you better have the answers that I'm looking for or you will be next" His voice held no remorse.

He leaves the room. He just took her life and left. I curled myself into a ball and lie on the floor until I was numb from crying. This was real.

This was all real.