[125]

Enjou told me that Yukino-kun had been discharged so I immediately went to the Petite salon to visit him.

"Yukino-kun! Welcome back!"

"Reika-oneesan!"

He greeted me with the smile of an angel but I noticed that he was a little thinner than the last time I saw him. Maybe he wasn't all better yet. Was it okay for him to come to school?

Unaware of my worries, he stood up from the couch and trotted over to my side.

"Ahh! You should stay seated, Yukino-kun!"

"Ehh~ I can at least stand, you know?"

"No, no, you only just left the hospital. Come now, sit."

"Okayyy."

It was a relief that he did as I asked.

"You were unwell recently, so you must avoid pushing yourself."

"But I'm not pushing myself. I'm fine."

"But..."

"I'm really fine. But thanks for worrying, Reika-oneesan."

Uuu... If he smiles at me like that I can't really keep nagging him. But he's really okay, right?

Sitting beside me, Yukino-kun was enjoying warm black tea.

"Oh, that reminds me! Thank you so much for the book. It was really interesting."

"Really? Thank goodness. Your oniisama told me that you were feeling bored so I wondered how I could help with that."

"Yeah. It was so interesting I read it twice."

"I am glad that you enjoyed it. ...Was it rough living in the hospital?"

"No, it was just like usual."

"Like usual... How many times have you been hospitalised?"

"Ehh~ I don't really remember... How many times has it been?"

Eh!? He's been in hospital more times than he can remember!?

"I've always gone to the hospital whenever I have a bad attack. But there are lots of kids my age there, so it's fun, you know? And the doctor puts on a Santa costume during Christmas and we have a party."

"Eh!? You've been to hospital during Christmas as well!?"

"Yes, just the once though."

No! Christmas should be one of the most important days for a child!

To think that he was forced to spend his Christmas in the hospital instead of having fun with his family at home... Here I was, living happily and thoughtlessly while somebody his age was suffering. It made me feel kind of guilty...

"Don't look like that, Reika-oneesan. My family came to visit me and gave me lots of presents. And last year I was feeling better so I celebrated at home too."

"I see. Then you enjoyed yourself with all of your family last Christmas?"

"Yes. Ah, but Niisama wasn't there."

"My! And after you were finally at home to celebrate too!"

Damn that Enjou. How could he leave his cute little brother like that. I bet a popular guy like him was on a date with some girl. A little harem world where he was waited on hand and foot by all of his little followers. What an unbelievable guy. Unforgivable. Going on harem dates while I spent every Christmas single...

"Niisama went with Masaya-niisama to the Sea of Japan. He brought back crabs as a souvenir, you know? I heard that because of the blizzard the sea was really dark and stormy."