[107]

Around the time that I took the unlucky doll out for repairs, the finals came around.

A few days later when the results came out, this is what the ranking board looked like:

1. Enjou Shuusuke

2. Takamichi Wakaba

3. Mizusaki Arima

・・・

5. Kaburagi Masaya

He had been a walking corpse up until the exams happened. Why did he shoot to 5th place the moment he recovered?! I was at my best but I failed to get in again! What the heck was this!? The curse of the doll?!

The girls around Enjou and Kaburagi had been celebrating Enjou getting 1st place and Kaburagi's revival.
That was all when and good until I overheard,

"How cunning of her! She sneaked in between Enjou-sama and Mizusaki-kun!"

How was that her fault?

Meanwhile, Kaburagi was staring expressionlessly at the ranking board.

...I wondered if he wouldn't take that anthology back.
I had glanced through it at least, but the thing was tagged whenever there was a poem that he liked. So pushy... Maybe I could sneak it into his desk. If not, then what if I burnt it instead? The anthology felt like it was filled with his bad luck...

The 14th of March was White Day. While I was chatting with my group over lunch as usual, my phone received a message. The moment I saw the contents I sprinted towards the school gates. My sides immediately started hurting though so I slowed down.

"Kasumi-sama! Tomoe-senpai!"

I waved at the pair standing by the gates.

"It's been about two weeks, hasn't it, Kisshouin-san."

"Gokigen'yoh, Reika-sama."

"Yes! Gokigen'yoh, Kasumi-sama, Tomoe-senpai!"

Tomoe-senpai in casual clothes! He looked even more mature out of his school uniform! So coool!

"Sorry for bothering you during your lunch."

"Not at all! I am overjoyed to see the two of you again!"

"We're actually here today to give you this. Here, it's your White Day present," said Tomoe-senpai.

What he handed me was a bag from a shop famous for their French marshmallows!

Yay! I loved these things!

In my past life I had enjoyed marshmallows for sure, but the expensive French guimauve marshmallows would melt away in your mouth in an instant, leaving behind a juicy fruit flavour.

What's more, the bag I was holding was pretty heavy too. There were definitely a lot in there. ...It was really nice.

"One more thing. This is from the both of us."

With that, Tomoe-senpai held out a shopping bag from a jeweller's.

"Eh!"

"We picked out something that we thought would look good on you, Kisshouin-san."

"Reika-sama, I would be happy if you liked it."

"May I open it and see?" I asked.

Tomoe-senpai and Kasumi-sama smiled in acquiescence so I didn't hold back.
Inside was a beautiful flower necklace! And in the middle of it was a little aquamarine. Cute!

"May I truly accept something so wonderful for just a little bit of chocolate?"

"Of course! We picked the flower because it's you, Kisshouin-san. You'll look great wearing it."