Chapter 2

"George? George where are you?"

"I'm in my room Alex! Do you need something?"

"Yea. I was gonna ask you what you want for lunch" Alex said coming into my room.

I looked up at him somewhat annoyed because I was trying to finish my paper that was due in a week. I needed to finish it by tonight, or I wouldn't have enough time to complete it and I would fail. I started taking online college classes last fall. Alex still did regular in person but I found it much easier to do it online.

"I don't know what I want. What were you thinking?"

"Well we could order a pizza. That way we don't have to do anything for dinner either."

"Okay!"

"What toppings do you want on it?" Alex said looking at his phone and then back at me.

"Whatever you prefer. I have to finish this assignment. Just give me another hour and I should be done."

"Alright! I'll let you know when the pizza is here."

I sighed as he stepped out of the room and gently shut the door. I started writing again. Hopefully I'll get a good grade on this.

-----

"George! Pizzas here!" Alex yelled at me from downstairs.

"Okay coming! I wanna turn this in first I just finished it so give me a second!"

"Alright, but hurry!"

"Okay okay!" I shouted as I pressed the turn in button on my screen. Wow it felt good to be done with that. Now I could relax! I ran downstairs to find Alex sitting at the table with multiple slices on his plate. I opened the cupboard and grabbed a plate and two pieces of pizza and sat next to Alex.

"You sure you're gonna eat all of that?" I asked him doubtfully.

"Yes George! I'm starving!"

I laughed lightly and started eating my slices again. After I finished I put my plate in the dishwasher and turned on the T.V to something random and handed the remote to Alex.

"I'm gonna go to bed early tonight. The concert is tomorrow and I don't wanna be tired."

"Okay. Goodnight George! I'll do the same after I finish my food" he said turning off the T.V and trying to eat faster.

"Okay. Slow down with the food though. There's no rush. Goodnight Alex!"

"Goodnight George! Be ready by 10am okay?"

"Okay" I replied halfway up the stairs. "Goodnight!"

"Goodnight George sleep well!"

I stepped into my room shutting the door gently. I had grabbed a towel from a cabinet outside my room and stepped into the shower. I put on some music to listen while I took a much needed shower.

I stepped out of the shower and put on my T-shirt and sweatpants I had washed earlier. I looked at my clock on the side of my bedtable. It read 10pm. I need to get to bed I thought as I set a timer for 7am. I crawled in my bed and drifted off to sleep.

-----

Beep. Beep. Beep.

George awoke to a loud beeping in his ear. He reached over to his bedside table and hit the off button on his alarm.

"Ugh, I wanted to sleep longer."

He sighed and stood up slowly. He went over to his closet and picked out a stylish outfit.