XXXVII. Incognitos

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Aww what's wrong Kana kun? It's ok right? We can fix something about your disguise. Wait." Jane suddenly gets her self busy rummaging inside her elegant looking satchel bag.

"Here!" She happily pulled out a red colored hairy mess.

"Why are you carrying a wig inside your bag like some necessity, you weird woman!" Pran snatched the wig from Jane's hands and put it on his own head playfully. We all laughed at him as he swayed his neck from side to side causing the red wig to sway back and forth in a comical manner.

"Well we're in Japan. I fancy cosplaying before so I thought it would get handy. Kana kun can use it to disguise himself. I've seen some people down there with colorful hair as well. No one would suspect it's the famous actor Murukami Kana. Trust me on this." Jane smiled with utter confidence as she stood up and pulled my hand with her. She then signaled for Pran to pass the wig to Kana who wryly accepted it hesitating for a bit. Then he slowly placed it on his head and turned to look at us  waiting for our reactions.

The room was suddenly filled with laughter as the three of us made fun of the famous actor in his red hair. It's not that he doesn't looked good with it. We're not just used of seeing him in that image. Kana also laughed after seeing himself in the mirror.

The excitement from the faces of my three friends suddenly gave me some dopamine rush. How long has it been since I felt something like this? I've been going out clubbing on my own for the last 12 months and the feeling of having close friends to join me was far more different than going all solo.

"What say you Kana chan? Are you going? Of course you are! Come on!" I grabbed his and Jane's hands leading them out of our VIP room. I heard Pran yelling with delight following close behind us.

We soon found ourselves squeezing through the crowd trying to get at the center of the dance floor. When we finally get there, we began trashing around dancing like crazy. I mostly jump up and down trying to keep up with the beat of the music as my mind went all blank. I can't think of anything but the joyous faces of my three friends who were leading me on. Kana was all grinning and howling which made me happy because I know this is kind of freedom for him. His red shoulder length hair bouncing strongly along with his weird dance moves. Jane was swaying her slender figure garnering attention from some of the man close to us. She was soon interacting with them giving her most charming smile. Pran was looking at her closely but when he saw that the men who she was dancing with appeared to be harmless, he relaxed and continued to trash around with Kana and me.

I don't know what made me closed my eyes as the beat made by the DJ switched into a much slower groove. I let my body swung from side to side while raising my right hand in the air. Regardless what type of music it is, it always calms my mind.

"Uh!" My eyes suddenly flung open when I hit my back with a body behind me. Hands gently pushed my back away before I could even turn around to ask for an apology. It was a man as tall as Kana wearing a black baseball cap and facial mask. He was dressed in a plain black sweater and some faded jeans in contrast from the rest of the party goers who were wearing nothing but fashionable outfits. He kinda looked underdressed and a little suspicious.

"Ah! Gomenasai. Gome." He awkwardly bowed down his head repeatedly and talked rather too fast that most of his words were muffled by the music and the mask he was wearing.

"It's alright. I'm suppose to be the one to say I'm sorry, sir. Sorry for bumping into you." I almost shouted the words for him to hear me clearly. He froze on the spot and just stared back at me. It was impossible to see his face more clearly given the lighting condition of the surrounding and the concealment that his cap and mask was doing to his face.