XIV. Mài!

Mark Masahiro

Why do I feel like I'm taking care of two oversized children?

"Wife? Why the hell do this guy call you wife huh Māku?"( the Japanese pronounce the word Mark with silent r and with u so it's safe for Kana to call Mark like this because Vee doesn't have a clue.🤫) The kid behind me complained.

I was driving the three of us towards a famous Thai restaurant to have dinner. P Vee sat beside me while Kana was on the backseat. The guy was constantly making me engaged in a conversation with him in which I find a little uncomfortable with P Vee listening. Kana and I conversed in Japanese so I feel bad for P Vee whose face started to go dim everytime my friend and I talk and he can't understand.

On the otherhand, Kana can almost pick up the Thai language pretty well. His obsession of me made him study the language even if it's just the basics. So he pretty understands the complaints P Vee were making about him. But I did not dare tell P Vee about this and warned Kana as well. P Vee would suspect things if he knows too much about Kana.

"Shut up Kana! Can we talk about this later?"

"This guy is so stupid. He was even bragging to me that he is your lover! Huh! I would like to see his face when he knows your not Masa kun at all." He leaned forward and smiled at P Vee brightly after saying that disturbing line. The other guy just smiled back at him awkwardly.

"Kana! Shut up already!" I rounded back at him fiercely.

"I just find this so funny. Sorry." He retreated back leaning on the back rest.

"Is he finally done talking? What are you two arguing about anyway? You looked pissed." P Vee asked me after my friend from the back grew silent. I watched him on the rearview mirror and saw him put his sunglasses on and was motionless. Is he pretending to be asleep now?

"It was your fault P! He kept on teasing me because you told him we're lovers!" I scolded at P Vee. Well this is not entirely a lie. Kana didn't like to hear P Vee claiming ownership to me. That guy at the back can't take the idea of me dating another guy when I rejected him too many times before. I'm afraid of what he's gonna do to stir P Vee in the future. This friend of mine is as sly as a fox.

"I thought he won't be able to understand." He shrugged but I saw him from the corner of my eye smirking.

"You are cunning don't you know that?" He and my friend at the back are almost alike. I'd be getting more headaches if I let the two of them together.

"What? I was just telling the truth. And besides he's just a friend right? I thought he's some family member at first that's why I told him I was your senior." I glanced at Kana again and saw him shifted his position slightly.

"What hotel is he checking in?" P Vee asked while scrolling down at his phone. How will I tell him this stupid friend of mine doesn't want to stay in a hotel? Instead he'll be crashing at my condo unit for God knows until when.

"P Vee. Uhmm. Kana and I decided he'll stay with me then. Would that be a problem?" Shit! I sounded like a girl asking her boyfriend for permission. I heard Saya pull this tone to me before. Ugh. Kana is surely laughing at me right now.

"Seriously? You two decided already? And where was I in the picture? Do you think I would whole heartedly agree?" I can hear the discontentment in his voice. Ofcourse I know he wouldn't allow it. This guy has been too possessive of me lately.