li : exsanguination

Start from the beginning

Jake's body fell to the ground. I took it and checked his pulse.

"Jake!! Wake up!!"
They all tried their best to prevent Sunghoon from struggling any more further.

No way.

We really lost him.

"He's dead!!"
I yelled to all of them. He's really dead. We can't revive him anymore.

"Are you fvcking dumb? The water!!!"
I looked at the huge tube on top of the glass cube. It already turned off earlier. It shouldn't release more water now...

But why?

Water started gushing out of the tube once again. Since the surface isn't filled with water anymore, it needs to fill it.

The whole room.

"The door should be unlocked now!!"
Sunoo and Jungwon ran towards the door on the ceiling. The killer said when the cube is already filled it will automatically open...

"It's still locked!! We are all trapped inside!!"
The water current went bigger. Fear started enveloping all of us, feeling hopeless.

Just like what Jungwon said,

We are all trapped inside.

Did i caused this...?

"Search for new exits!! Or destroy the locked door!!"
Jay immediately lead the whole group. I looked at their supposed to be leader.

Heeseung?

"The words... on the glass... read it..."
Heeseung glared at me, making me look at the shattered glass on the floor.

I can see fresh blood all over his clothes and his pale face. Ni-na was keeping him company but she isn't helping that much at all. He's growing paler with each seconds.

Right....

He's losing blood.

"We need to get out of here quickly or else Heeseung will die!!"
Ni-na shouted in fear and anxiousness. Everyone became silent, looking at her direction where you can also see Heeseung.

"If only Jake was here..."
Sunoo whispered, looking at Jake's dead body.

If Jake was here we would have been able to save Heeseung.

"Worry about yourselves....."
Heeseung spewed out, sighing. He looked at me once again, asking me to read the words written on the glass. I immediately reformed the shattered glass on the floor and read it out loud.

"The sun rises on the side of the light,
The only silver line for the door that you will get.
Head to the flowers of the rainbow blight,
And hide from the eye when the sun begins to set."

What does that supposed to mean?

"What the hell is that? How are we supposed to use that?!!"
Jay frustratingly shouted, rushing towards my direction nad holding my collar.

"This is all your fault.." he whispered, raising me using my collar. I can see fear in his eyes. Madness and Anxiety.

He doesn't want to die.

"Wait... this is the clue he said...."
Heeseung caught the attention of everyone. He was staring at the shards of the glass that was now underwater because of the running water from the tube. It is quickly reaching us and is now already on our knee level.

"The clue is either divided into two parts or is the clue as a whole. The killer told us that  sacrificing jake means the door will be unlocked and we'll have a clue to escape."
Heeseung tried his best and stood up, slowly walking towards us. When he reached our direction, he leaned closer, dropping on his knees in front of the riddle.

"The door the killer is talking about is not the door on the roof but another door we can use for escape."
He said, pointing the riddle.

"The sun rises on the side of the light,
The only silver line for the door that you will get..."

The silver line for the door that you will get..

The unlocked door!!

"The first half of the riddle is talking about the door!!!"

Eureka as it may seems, i felt like i got hit by a realization.

"The sun rises on the side of the light... That would mean where the door is... Right?"
Jungwon stated, making us look at him and turn towards the direction he is looking.

"THE EAST WALL!!"
the sun rises at the east, east is the side of the light!!?

We rushed towards the wall and searched for the door. The house has too many revolving door and for sure there's something in here.

"I found it!!"
Everyone looked at Sunghoon who suddenly shouted. He found a silver cord, much more of like a silicon string that mas connected to the wall.

"The silver lining of the door... It is!!"
We walked towarda his direction, helping him from pulling the strings.

The water is already in our waist level. It quickly moves up so we need to hurry.

"Pull!!"
Everyone did their job to pull the silver string. The wall started moving, turning around and revealing a pathway.

"PULL HARDER!!!"
It wasn't enough for us to walk into. We need to pull harder!

"It's opening!!!!"

Finally, after trying so hard..... The door opened.

"GO OUT!! NOW!!"
Jay commanded everyone. Our main objective is to escape this place... We need to escape here.

I turned to my back, finding Heeseung.

Huh?

"Heeseung.. Let's go..."
Ni-na rushed towards his position, waking him up.

Heeseung is sitting on the other side of the room, looking at us with a sad smile.

"Leave me here."

What?

We went frozen on our locations hearing him say that.

What is he thinking? Is he out of his mind?!!

"What the hell... Heeseung... We can't..."
Heeseung shook his head ever so lightly before pushing Ni-na away of him.

"I'll be a burden... Just leave me here."

"Shut up Lee Heeseung you will come with us!!"

"No...."
Heeseung weakly smiled at us, looking at Ni-na who is now crying in front of him.

He wiped the tears on Ni-na's cheeks before whispering some words on her ears. It wasn't something audible for us but it made tears poooling on Ni-na's eyes.

"I don't have much of time remaining... Just leave me here with Jake. I'll take good care of him, here.."
He said, smiling. A tear escaped his eyes as he looked at Ni-na.

"No... Heeseung we can't...."
Ni-na cried on him. Heeseung shook his head and hugged her.

He's bidding his farewell.

"Live for me.... My love."

_______________________

Heeseung's confession 💔💔 i feel so bad ending both him and jake here but there's no choice left T^T it's ending anyways hshshs