xxxviii : barn-burner

Chapter Thirtyseven:

"Run faster, It's now or never."

__________________

Jia's

"help!"
I heard someone shouting for help, running towards the exit door like a lunatic. I turned towards him.

Wait- That's him!! The Ice Hockey captain!!

Heeseung.. I tried looking around to find him but he's nowhere to be seen now. I can see the captain walking out of the bar now so i had no choice but to chase after him.

"WAIT!!"
I yelled, trying to stop him from running but he never did. I started panting, trying to recover from exhaustion while still chasing him. I opened my phone and dialed Heeseung's number.

"What is it?"
he asked me, loud music can be heard from his background.

"Where are you? Go out of the club right now! The target is running loose on the street near the bus station! You know where it is, right? Hurry!"
I reprimanded, started running again after a short pause.

It was dark and the only lights on the streets are the streetlamps and the bright moon above. But still, I can clearly see the silhoutte of the man I am chasing. I tried chasing him again, Trying my best to catch up on him.

"Wait a minute! Stop running!!"
I yelled at him. He didn't even dared to look back at me and went left, completely fading from my sight. 

I looked at the narrow street next to me, it ws also going left. I ran to the darkness and started trailing his steps. we were like 3 blocks away from each other. 

"Wait!"
I yelled at him. Finally, He looked at me but he still didn't paused.

"Why the hell are you running!!?"
I asked him while panting. We were still running as of the moment, his eyes look so agitated and frightened, He looks like someone who just lost his hope for his life.

"He's coming! He'll kill me- You! You'll kill me!!"
Complete paranoia covered his mind because of fright. 

the killer? 

he's here? 

FVCK!!

I looked at my back quickly, trying to check if he's behind me or not. I started getting chills on my nape. I am scared, honestly but there's no time for that.

"T-T-There!! There he is!!"
he started pointing towards me which made me look at my back. 

"fvcking hell..."
I whispered at myself and ran towards the captain's direction, completely avoiding the killer. 

He got a gun with him! One shot and we're dead, for sure!

"Hey- Stop running!"
I commanded him but he never listened. He started running through the streets once again, trying his best to lose the killer who was tailing us. 

What I did was to reroute so that the killer won't chase me. I know the streets here so I can go around. There's an intersection near here and where the captain is going is a dead end. He should know that. He 'll probably go to the intersection so i'll take the chance to capture him.