I stay in my spot and just stare at his lifeless body. 

Without noticing nor my permission, tears start falling from my eyes like a waterfall from hell. We lost one of ours again. I hit the ground and let my tears fall, I start gasping for breath when it gets harder to breathe. 

I feel a familiar rough hand on my shoulder, looking up I see Daryl kneeling in front of me with a hard look on his face. But his eyes are telling me that he's sad also. I look back at Dale's body only to be lifted up by someone and faced away from the dead man. 

"Don't look, kid. I'll do my job of protecting you from nightmares, but you gotta help me out" I hear Theo's voice, I look up at him, only now realizing he's the one who lifted me up.

I say something, making Theo frown at me as he walks off.

"The world now is a nightmare, Theo. I know you won't be able to protect me forever" I mumble, he sighs and smiles sadly at me. 
"I'll do my best, kid" He says, I put my head on his shoulder and stare at the walker on the ground as Theo walks away. 
"I'll protect you too. I will protect everyone" I say, making him chuckle slightly. 

"I thought you were taking a brave break. Stay on that break for as long as you can" He says as I wipe my eyes again.

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

Next day

I ignore Hershel's speech and just stare at the grave of Dale. I look up when Rick speaks. 

"Dale could, could get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn’t afraid to say what he thought, how he felt. That kind of honest is rare and brave. Whenever I’d make a decision, I’d look at Dale. He’d be looking back at me with that look he had. We’ve all seen it one time or another. I couldn’t always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us, the truth who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives, our safety, our future. We’re not broken. We’re gonna prove him wrong. From now on we’re gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale" Rick says, I stare at the ground and soak in his words. 

How long will we be able to honor Dale until it bites us in the ass?

I look at Sophia and Carl when they grab both my hands and start dragging me to the house. When we get in the house Maggie takes us to the kitchen to give us something to eat. She puts these paper cups in front of us and I look at them confused while poking it. 

"Freya, what are you doing? Ain't you ever seen a paper cup?" Maggie asks, setting a plate with sandwiches in front of us. I shake my head no. 
"This is a Dixie cup" Maggie says, I look at her and smile. 
"Dixie?" I ask, she nods and goes to Glenn when she sees him. I quickly eat my sandwich, making Sophia and Carl laugh before I jump off the bench and run out the front door, apologizing to Hershel when I almost bump into him. 

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

I sit on the grass under a tree as Rick talks to Daryl. Daryl eventually leaving when he sees Shane walking towards them.

Daryl went back to ignoring me. 

Maybe mommy and daddy were right. I am just a burden. Is that why they hurt me? Cause I'm just a waste of space like they always told me? 

My back feels like it's on fire as I remember all those times they hurt me. Made me bleed. Maybe if I told them I was sorry for being a burden, they wouldn't of hurt me so much.