.chapter 10; season 3.

Start from the beginning

"Now, what'll you do? Payback time!" Seiji came in close, as his metal tongue wrapped around my upper body yet again.
But this time, no matter how much I increased the heat, he seemed to reinforce the durability of his metal more, eventually having learned from his mistake.

My ultimate move was still activated, as I started flexing against the metal structure around myself, but nothing happened.

"All things considered, you have indeed gotten better. But, you're still too confident about yourself. What if we took that confidence away?" The mosquito girl spat, her classmates laughing.

The two identically dressed girls came to my side, as each of them kicked the back of my knees, as I grunted in pain, falling over, not being able to hold on to my weight any longer.
Landing splat on my stomach, I groaned in slight annoyance as well as pain.

"One... two... Two. Where's the third one?" Seiji asked as he came closer to my body, probably searching for the round targets hidden on my body.

"I can't find the third one!"

"Where'd ya put it?!" the mosquito girl came to me, crouching down in front of me.

"Find it yourself, second year," I spoke, however, she didn't like my comment, and grabbed my hair in a bunch, lifted my head, and I gritted my teeth at the ripping pain.

"'Ya know, ya' are really startin' to piss me off! I hate the tone of your voice! Where's the emotion?! Where's the lack of hope? Where is it?! I know you're doubting your chance of victory! Admit it already!" the mosquito spat yet again, as her grip on my hair yet tightened.

"I'll... Tell you one thing. Using my friend as bait is... a real amateur trump card. You made him look like ... he was close to the end... And even if it was all a hologram, it was a low blow." I spoke, as my anger started to build upon the inside, remembering the sight of the fake-Shoto.
His uniform was all torn up, not even an inch of skin that wasn't filled with scars, and his cries of pain and hopelessness.

"Awh, well, I apologize. Like hell I am. You fell for it, that's all that matters." an unknown person came up to me, as I guessed that he was the one responsible for Shoto's hologram.

"I have. That's all on me. However, I believe all of you would've done the same." I spoke, trying as best as I possibly could to keep my composure against the pain caused by the ripping pain.

"You're wrong. We wouldn't have fallen for it in the first place." the girl gripping my hair spoke.

"How can you be so sure?" I squinted.

"Look, this ain't a damn interrogation, but even if it were real, they would've been able to deal with it! I couldn't care less!" the female spoke.

"Then... how come you're wanting to become... a hero... isn't it... a hero's job, to save others? Yet here you are saying you wouldn't have—" I began, however instead, she slammed my head into the ground, as I yelped in pain.

"That's none of your damn business. So what, if I wouldn't have?!" the girl laughed like a lunatic.

How are these people chasing the dream of becoming a hero, if they wouldn't even help their own comrades in desperate situations?
At the thought of their comrades bleeding out, slowly losing their last remaining seconds, they just walk off?
I couldn't help, but my blood boiled even more, as I slowly started moving upwards, my muscles flexing against the metal around my upper body.