The Reminder (UnderSwap Angst)

Summary: Papyrus is drinking to forget his worries. Unbeknownst to him, when he's under the influence of alcohol, he's doing horrible things.

Can I just say, how much I LOVE the story afraid. It's honestly one of my favourite fanfictions! It's something I'd never thought I'd see, and I love it for that! I can't wait to see more of it, and it's the reason I'm making this oneshot. Here's the story: https://www.wattpad.com/1031543825-afraid-prologue

And the story was made by a user that goes by the name Hazefrost, account here: https://www.wattpad.com/user/Hazefrost

This oneshot is not meant to copy theirs, I hope I'm not doing that! But other than that, please enjoy.

~Mentions of physical and mental abuse, if you are triggered by these please choose a different oneshot~

Note: I do know how a drunk person actually acts. However, I uhhh... Never experienced an abusive drunk adult. Thankfully, haha. I have however, experienced adults acting like complete morons, laughing and shouting loudly at everything. So, sorry if this is unrealistic.

~~~

Sans took a deep breathe. He let it out.

Sans had no idea what was going on with his brother, it's just like one day.

A single day, he thought.

A day Papyrus went to Muffets! That was fine, he hadn't gotten out much! But Sans wasn't stupid at the time-he knew something much bigger was going on in his younger brother's mind. Something big enough where Papyrus would be coming home completely wasted, barely being able to talk.

And when he would talk, it would only be absurd words and phrases, all aimed towards Sans.

Sans on the other hand, was extremely grateful that Papyrus never remembered his drunken mind.

He was grateful because if his brother knew of the horrible things he'd done...

Sans shook his head and continued to bandage the back of his head, which had been cracked from yesterday. Sans preferred not to remember his brother picking him up, throwing his small figure into a table.

The people of Snowdin knew something was up. Sans had been less cheerful, wearing bandages and covering his body. At first they suspected it was Papyrus, but came to the conclusion that was impossible. Sans and Papyrus were always nice to each other-so it would extremely difficult to believe that all those bruises came from Papyrus.

Sans made sure to hide the cigarette burns well because of the town's doubts. Sans continued to his puzzles, less energized than usual, while Papyrus lied on the couch.

Papyrus was having another hangover-he knew that. His head was pounding and he could barely move. Nightmares plagued his memories before he started drinking spiked honey again. Sans dying, over and over again. The kid doing a genocide route. The only thing that made him forget was alcohol. Apparently, there was a glitch in the RESET. It sent them back 2 months instead of 1. So, Papyrus had been getting wasted for a month, completely unaware of what his actions were when drunk.

Although, Papyrus did notice the bruises sometimes. Sans was a great liar, despite what people may've thought. Sans sometimes came home with bruises from training, which is what Sans explained. But Papyrus had a feeling, just by looking at how big they were-they would have to be from fists or objects. No claw marks, not axe cuts. Just small cuts and bruises.

But Papyrus was always too drunk or hungover to remind himself to ask Sans what really happened. However, there was an image in the back of his mind whenever he was hung over. The person would be extremely blurred, always covering their head. Papyrus never knew why he saw those, but chose to ignore it.