Chapter 4 "Untouched."

hi

_____________________________________________________________

With classes done for the day, perhaps it'd be best if she went out to see the city itself. She heard it was quite similar to the few cities remaining back on Earth.On her way to the landing pads, she came across another team. One she didn't see or recognize during the Initiation or in class. Perhaps an older team. The first to approach her was a girl with chocolate brown hair and had a knack for fashion clothing. 

"Well look what we have here. A firstie. You must be the recent star of the first years
right?" (Coco)

 "If you put it that way then yes, I am." (Hua)

"Nice to meet you. Names Coco, Coco Adel. The rest here is my team, Velvet, Fox and Yatsuhashi. Don't mind the big man, he's a real softie once you get to know him." (Coco)

Each of them gave a wave or a smile. Coco's eyes locked onto her clothing, inspecting it as if she was looking for contraband. 

"Nice clothing, but I think I could get you to look so much better." (Coco)

"Thank you. I look forward to such a thing, but I have places to be, so if you'll excuse me." (Hua)

Hua walked past her, Coco on the other hand wasn't quite done with their conversation. 

"You never told you your name sweetheart. Maybe throw in a number as well?" (Coco)

"Coco! You can't just say that! It's quite rude you know." (Velvet)

The bunny faunus, Velvet, interrupted her. She'd rather not annoy anyone if she could but Coco being herself is already triggering such a thing. It'd be best if they could leave on good terms.

"Relax Bunny. It's just a joke. But anyway, saw you catching a ride to Vale. Mind if we tag along? I promise I won't do anything bad." (Coco)

Hua in all her years of living never really had another Woman chasing her. But perhaps this is a friend thing. She can't always be stuck with JNPR and RWBY. 

Nodding she continued her walk as the rest of Coco's team followed suit, Coco's eyes shined at the thought of inviting her to her favorite clothing store in Vale, she's a specialist at such a thing after all.

___________

The ride had been a unique experience, Coco kept pestering her about clothing and what not, Velvet on the other hand was trying to have small talk with Hua, each of the members of CFVY enjoyed Hua and her company during the ride. Even if it was short. 

The door opened revealing the bustling city of Vale. Cars drove down each lane and people walked by the road. She breathed the air, free of pollution. 

With Dust as a substitute to many of the energy based engines and what not back in her old world, the air felt clean. Much more cleaner compared to the old cities she visited. Shops of different kinds of products roamed the city, each one more unique than the next.

"Welcome to Vale. Take it's your first time here?" (Coco)

"It is. It's nice...The air is clean and nice to breathe even in a city like this." (Hua)

This piqued Coco's interest, dust excreted little to no harmful particles when processed or used, despite its hazardous appliances to every huntsmen.

"Well I'm not sure where you're from but it must've been pretty bad." (Coco)

She had no idea. The five of them walked down the city, passing by various stores. Her thoughts were driven away by the scent of fresh pastries just being brought out of the oven.
 She followed the scent, arriving at a café with only a few people inside it,

Stepping inside the air smelt strongly of Coffee and Pastries. It smelt delicious. Shifting through her pockets, she had a small allowance from Ozpin she received due to special circumstances.

 The rest of CFVY followed in with her, taking in the air around them. 

"This is my favorite coffee shop! I always go here whenever I can. Since we're here let's sit down, yeah?" (Velvet)

Velvet was enthusiastic about it, she enjoyed this place where she could sit down and enjoy a nice cup of coffee without interruption. The peace this place brought was a heavenly feeling to her. 

Each of them ordered something for themselves, sharing the money to pay for all of them. 

"So, Hua, correct? How has Beacon been so far?"(Yasuhashi)

Yatsuhashi was the first to say anything after they got their orders, he was curious about this first year, she took the school by storm with her deeds in the initiation.

"It's been enjoyable so far. I've met a lot of people already and made a few friends."
"A few? I expected more but that's fine. Seeing as how you've already made a name for yourself amongst the first years." (Fox)

Fox answered back, he had already sensed she was a formidable opponent. One that a very few could beat. Perhaps she'd like a spar sometime?

"I'd prefer to keep my friends list at a low...no offense of course." (Hua)

"Understandable." (Fox)

While everyone else was conversing with each other, a ding on the door caught Hua's attention. A trio of one man and 2 other girls, one of them seemingly being the leader of the other two. The woman, who looked older than the two by a long shot, made Hua suspicious. Coco, noticing her behavior turned to look at what her friend was looking at,

"Oh, you're checking them out? I didn't think you'd be that type of person." (Coco)

Velvet groaned at Coco's attempt to flirt with the first year, Hua didn't respond back. Something about that person really bit at her instincts. 
The three of them sat at a nearby table, Hua's eyes still locked onto them. They felt weird. She couldn't put her finger on it though. She decided it'd be best if she kept an eye out on them. Hua knew she had the power to enter one's mind and gain all the information she needed but it'd be best if she didn't around everyone else. 

Her eyes continued to constantly glance towards them for any suspicion. She needed information on them. Perhaps Ozpin would know a thing or two.

_____

A few hours passed by, Cinder knew she was being watched back at the café. Her eyes caught a figure with grey hair watching them intently. 

She recognized the hair almost instantly. The new star of the first years. She'd have to gather intelligence though. Going in blind was something she'd much rather avoid, unlike her peers, Emerald and Mercury, she had the patience and power to collect information on almost everyone in Remnant. 

The question that remained on her mind, was she a pawn in the game of chess?Or was she something bigger?

________________________________________________________

am not dead yes.