Chapter 3

Later that night, Sarah drags Malia along to talk to Erica, needing the support of someone who understands and knows what she's going through

Later that night, Sarah drags Malia along to talk to Erica, needing the support of someone who understands and knows what she's going through. They sneak up on behind, Sarah using her vamp-speed.

"Hi," Sarah says. Erica startles before turning around to find Sarah and Malia. "We- I wanted to apologize. I haven't been the greatest friend lately."

"Yeah, I miss hanging out with you." Erica says, "plus Malia." she adds at the end. "You don't even text me anymore and Malia doesn't know how to yet. We were gonna teach her together."

Seeing Sarah at a loss for words, Malia speaks up, "things are weird right now. We can't..." Malia trails off in the end.

"No, It's okay. I got it." Erica responds annoyed, "I'm not cool enough for you two since Malia is the new girl and you started dating Jesse." she tells Sarah. Malia just watches the conversation awkwardly from behind them, feeling like she was intruding on a moment. And feeling partially unwelcomed because of Erica's comment.

"That's not it at all! I swear!" Sarah exclaims immediately after Erica stops talking. "We're supposed to be organizing this fanclub screening together" Erica explains her frustration. Malia zones out after that, no longer feeling interested in the conversation. Only zoning back in as Sarah goes to reveal Jesse and they're suddenly surrounded by vampires.

"Speak of the devil," Malia mutters, annoyed.

"You're not avoiding me are you?" Jesse asks Sarah, putting a hand to his chest in mock hurt as he stands right behind her.

"She's avoiding a lot of people." Erica butts in and Malia rolls her eyes at her dramatics.

"Come on, what are you afraid of?" Jesse asks.

"I just," Sarah begins to say, "need some more time."

Malia glares at any vampire that steps near her, flashing her fluorescent blue eyes in warning. The vampires backing up out of fear and not knowing what she is.

"Tik tok, time's up." Jesse responds, grabbing Sarah. Malia pulls her out of his grasp then stands in front of her. She once again flashes her eyes but this time Jesse raises his eyebrows in subtle surprise before masking it and chuckling in response.

"So listen," one of Jesse's vampire's says, "there's this monster party at Jesse's later and if Sarah and Malia aren't interested, maybe you'd like to hang out with us?" he asks Erica.

"She can't." Sarah immediately exclaims, "she's babysitting."

"No, I'm not." Erica lies, "count me in."

"Erica no!"

"Erica, don't!"

"I'm allowed to break the rules too." she says to them in response, "And he's really cute."

"You don't understand-" Jesse interrupts her and dismisses the rest of them so it's just him, Sarah, and Malia. Erica says goodbye, going with them. Jesse looks at Malia waiting for her to leave too.