Chapter 35

There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don’t you?

-Rumi Quotes

****

Alakananda and Avyukt both were sitting in the balcony, Alka had made both coffee and there were fritters. They both were seeing the rain coming down thinking what should be done.

'Avyukt I can understand all the feelings and I won't lie to you that even I have things to share with you even I have to tell you something before we think or play with out own feelings.'

Avyukt frowned towrads Alaknanda he had a feeling towards it. His heart flinched that there would be something Alakananda was hiding or didn't share but he was not ready to hear anything now. He didn't want things to take a bad turn.

Maybe he was being selfish that she should stay single.just for hime here he was already engaged.

'I want to tell you about Yogesh.'

'I have a bad feeling towards it.'

Alakananda sat crossed legged in front of him. Her expression very calculated that where this would be going right now.

'I was single for a long time after we both didn't agree to the proposal to be honest I was very heart broken that day when you left saying that we won't fit each other or I am very much incapable of being a part of your family-'

'I never said incapable.' Avyukt cut her in between.

'Let me complete.' Alakananda said in a stern voice.

'You never siad I was incapable but you and your mother clearly showed us that how incapable me and my family were by seeing my ambitiousness. You guys knew while coming or a proposal that I am somebody who is doing Ph.D still you guys came in. What you all were thinking?'

'Alaknanda we had this discussion before and you are going out of the line when you say it. Come to the point.'

'Okay yea.'

She said brushing her hair from her face by coming to the point.

'So I met Yogesh, he is somebody whom any girl would long for in a husband.'

Alakananda's smile pinched Avyukt, he hated that blush when she said his name. Avyukt being all arrogant.

'I don't want flowers Alakananda, let's talk real or I am leaving.'

'Ok Ok last time.'

'No more diversion from the topic or I will definitely leave.'

'Don't threaten me.'

'Fine I am leaving.'

Avyukt stood up ready to leave but Alakananda caught his hand smiling. She was adamant now about talking to Avyukt about Yogesh. When Avyukt was talking about Rashmi though he was clear enough that he didn't have any feeling towards her but still Alakananda was feeling extremely jealous towards it. And when Alakananda heard the Roka part, imagining Avyukt and Rashmi together made her nauseous but still she got the courage to listen to everything he had to say so now it was her turn and she was hell bent on talking about Yogesh and see Avyukt's face.

'It doesn't happen this way Avyukt you have to listen now.'

They both changed their position towards dining table.

Sitting across each other their expression was stern, Avyukt hands hard on the table ready to react on any information which would lead a damage to his feeling, Alakananda enjoyed every bit of his body language. She knew Avyukt was affected with it and she had to do something to make him pay for lal the nights he had made her cry for storming of against her will and that ring how much she hated it.

'So after you stormed of that on me, I was sure now I am in a place in my life where I really need a life partner. I really wanted somebody to share my space with. I am 27 years old independent woman but now I didn't want to live my life independently I wanted to share my space hug somebody cuddle somebody, being intimate with a person whom I really belong to. I wanted to be part of this new age marriage group which everybody was posting about and was really happy about.'

Everytime Alakananda used the words like hugs, cuddles and intimacy Avyukt's grip grew stronger and stronger his fist tighten because seeing Alakananda so close with another guy is not something Avyukt would hold on to. When he was so honest about his feelings with Rashmi and where he has not crossed his line even once with her and here Alakananda was saying love story starting with all the romantic stuff he was really sure about his feelings towards Alakananda now and deep inside he consider himself a fool to let Alakananda go.

'So yes, I met Yogesh. Maa, had set this meeting. By the way she was the first one to be confused about this proposal of yours because she got the hint of your family system. But she decided to stay quiet for my happiness but now when she met Yogesh she was really impressed with the idea he had about life and everything. You know he even talks about this deep spiritual stuff which you are far away from. So anyways. I met him and he was a really fun guy to hang around.

The first time we met it was on Ganga Ghat and we had rela talk about lives and lall those positive vibes I was getting around this place and everything was so much in sync. You know he really got this cute curly hair which goes all the way with that hippie thinking-'

'Fine Alakananda lets come back what is your status now with him?'

'Yes so he is somebody who is shifting to London in next month but he wants Roka to be done as soon as possible. We are good you know.'

'Dont do this Alakananda, you know you have things for me right now. Don't take up this.'

'Its my place to decide and we will see.'

Alakananda stood and went to kitchen, leaving Avyukt in regret.

A/N: Hello guys share your views about this chapter.