"WAUH!" Val jumped up from his chair, sending it back with a loud bang once it hit the floor. "I-IT'S NOT LIKE THAT" his red face said the complete opposite. Then when he realized he was shouting in a place filled with more than 20 people, he rapidly grabbed his chair to sit back down. He quietly spoke, "It-It's not like that, Lina. You know we're friends, you idiot" he softly punched her shoulder.

I kept my sigh to myself. Yeah, I sort of already knew he liked me. Honestly, he makes it really obvious. However... I can never bring myself to reject him. For one, he's like a brother to me, and I don't ever want break that bond. And for two...

"Alright, can we change the topic? You both already know this one in particular makes me sick" I intercepted.

-I hate love.

"Understood" Lina delivered a nod and returned her chair back to it's original spot. "So, um... were you able to get the filth's money?" She clasped her hands together on top of the table.

"No, Manuel screwed it up"

She facepalmed, "Seriously? Just one job... a simple little task..." she mumbled under her breath in disbelief.

"So then tomorrow we're going to his hideout, right?" Val stated.

I nod, "As always. If we fail the first time, we have to go in person the second time" I slouched my back against the chair. One of the stupidest rules the clown came up with. If he rejects our request the first time, then we have to go to him and ask again in person the second time.

"What if we say it was a prank?" Lina questioned. "You think he'll believe it?"

In a synchronized motion, both Val and I shook our heads, also because I knew another reason as to why that wouldn't work. I began to nervously tap the table, "I might've messed that up"

After getting their attention, I explained, "He called by phone to ask why I needed 2 million, and I told him that Manuel had lied. Hence, he won't believe it if we tell him it was a prank"

"Harley was there too, so we can't tell her either" I added.

Val slowly placed his head down on the table, "Looks like we have to meet him, again" he exasperated. Meanwhile Lina pursed her lips, "Yeah..."

I felt the same way, frustrated, angry with the outcome. I mean, who wouldn't? Having to hear his ugly cackling that just goes through your ears and makes you want to cut them off. Furthermore, his lair– in that forsaken amusement park... was where the 3 of us met.

°• Flashback •°

"(Y/N), my dear, is Val not good enough?" The Clown Prince of Crime questioned as he sat next to me on the couch. If you were a fool, you'd think he was caring about you.

He threatened me just weeks ago, and now a day ago, he's brought a boy who was a year younger than me to 'play with' as if we were 6 year-olds.

"I don't need a friend. I'm not a kid anymore" the boy— who's name I forgot— said from the other couch he was sitting on. Even without moving my eyes from the TV in front of me, I knew that the Joker wore a frown. "Val, kid, I told you to be nice"

Oh, that's right, it was Valerian. He told me while executing his fail attempt at conversating. More like he was trying to insult me. He probably thinks I'm on Joker's side.

"Oh Puddin!!~" his crazy girlfriend wrapped her arms around his head from behind, planting kisses all over his pale face. Feeling uncomfortable, I moved away a little, which I should've done a long time ago.

"Harls... what do you want now? Can't you see... I'm a little busy?" he responded, almost struggling to get a word out. All of a sudden, I felt a cold hand grab my cheek, moving my gaze to them, "I think our girl here needs a sistah" Harley bared her teeth in a her smile. Then she walked away only to return with a girl, probably around the same age as Val and I– 14 or 15.

She was definitely a lot prettier than I was. Even with her messy tangled crimson hair, her forest green eyes stood out. It was something you don't see on someone everyday. "I picked her up from outside. She doesn't remember her name, so I got 4 names in mind: Lucy, Candy, Lina, or Quinn. And I think (Y/N) should be the one to name her" Harley turned to me, "Well, go ahead!" She couldn't even hold back her excitement. "I think Lucy would be good" she whispered in my ear.

If that's what she wants, then I won't give it to her, even though I already knew what the unnamed girl wanted. She had her head lowered, staring at nothing on the floor, but when Harley said 'Lina' she perked her head up a bit.

"Lina" I replied. Harley stuck out her bottom lip, "Lina? Really?" She faced the girl, and then smiled "Eh, okay. Only because I think she looks cute with any name" She grabbed her hand and pulled her away to the bathroom, probably for a shower.

The Joker released a sarcastic laugh, "The family just keeps getting bigger" he continued to laugh to himself as he ran his dry fingers through his green hair.

The only reason he took me in was to annoy the hell out of Bruce. He brought Val so I could have a friend. And now Lina. I guess he wants to have his own 'Robins' you could say.

°• End of Flashback •°

That was the first time we 3 found ourselves in the same room. Afterwards, Lina started speaking and instead of her last name being Quinn like Harley wanted, Lina herself chose Aldaine which was a last name she saw one of the cast members have in a movie.

It was the first time she ever contradicted Harley. And as time passed by, we promised we'd stick together to defeat the crazy couple someday. At least 4 years passed, and we've gotten closer to that objective, but that also means the clown himself got better as well.

No matter what, I'm going to crush him.

Particularly because of what he did to Jason Todd.

[End of Chapter 2]

---------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1,810

If I were to give this chapter a name, I'd probably name it "Val and Lina" (Just a random comment, lol).

Anyways, I remember the first time I heard that Joker managed to kill a Robin, my jaw dropped to the floor. My jaw probably went through the floor once I heard that it was the people who decided Jason's fate.

Hate to say it but thanks to that, we got Red Hood now.

—Yam

❤ Please Remember to Vote