The encounter

Mulai dari awal

"Just come with me." The young boy grabbed his hand and pulled him back in the chief's office. Taehyung saw the old man pacing in the room, phone pressed to his ear and worry on his wrinkly face.

"Yes sir. Sure sir. I'll send in the men asap-- i mean as soon as possible sir! Sir, yes sir!" Min stomped his foot in a form of salutation and got off the phone with probably some higher ranked officer.

"Taehyung it's a havoc!" The man turned to look at the boy with wide fearful eyes.

"I've already been told so," Taehyung sighed," tell me what happened?"

"It's the south this time. They've attacked the south region. It covers a few villages including ours! The authority saw some wildfire spreading across the paddy fields and even heard gunshots and armed men along the perimeter. The province needs us to the send our men to the spot and investigate it. They suspect... its the mafia again."

Taehyung froze at the last few words.

T-the mafia?

"But you know there aren't a lot of men in here. I have to go to the neighboring district to get more men. Will come along with me?" Officer Min asked worriedly collecting his stuff from the table.

Taehyung blinked and looked down at his shoes.

"No..." he said, thoughtfully.

"No?" The old man asked, confused. Taehyung doesn't say no.

"I-i mean... since you will be leaving anyway and there aren't any senior or experienced officers here, i think i should stay back here. What if the village needs us?" The brunet reasoned quickly, making the old man nod and hum.

"You're right. Okay so, I'm handing you the charge as deputy chief until i return. Remember if anything goes wrong, its on you."

Taehyung nodded obediently, watching as the head left the office, ordering Eunwoo to follow him. Leaving behind just 4 of them now.

The brunet turned back and let out a shaky sigh. He hoped this wasn't who he thought it was.

Or maybe somewhere he did.

But it wasn't like he was going to accept that now, was he?

_________________________________________

Night time had fallen heavy on the skyscape of Taehyung's little village. The birds had gone home and so had the people, sitting and enjoying feeding their little ones after a day full of toil. But Taehyung was restless.

The same feeling with which he was woken up in the morning had returned but with a greater force, and no amount of work was letting him drown that. He suddenly wondered if it was even smart to refuse tagging along with the others and stay back.

Taehyung shakily flipped through a random file he was handed earlier, mind not evening taking the words in properly. After a while he gave up and walked out of his stuffy cabin, deciding to go on a round to freshen up his mind. Around a corner, he stopped and  heard the three younger policemen-- two juniors and one new recruit intern, talking animatedly amongst themselves.

"So have you thought of what type of person you want to marry?" Baekhyun asked the youngest, voice teasing.

The said boy tapped his lip in thought before flashing them a brilliant smile.

"Taehyung hyung!"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at him."Hansul your crush is showing."

"Aha n-no! I m-mean someone like him. Not really him... not that i would mind that either-- b-but-"