"But sir... this-this ain't my job? I'm a junior investigator and my job is compile the criminal's statements, not their whole histories!" Taehyung asked in confusion, but he already knew where this was going. Always has.

"Your job is to do what i tell you, young man!" Min chided using the same dialouge as always. Hansul tensed beside Taehyung, wanting to protest and he almost did but Taehyung stepped on his shoe to shut him up.

"Alright. I'll do it," Taehyung agreed half heartedly as the young boy turned to look at him incredulously.

"Good. That's good Taehyungie. That's why they call you the best. They aren't lying. You are the best... pet." Officer Min replied appreciatively, missing the way Taehyung's expression changed at that last word,"anyway, i want it done by tomorrow. So you might have to work overnight as well. The higher Officer will arrive tomorrow so off you go now!! Chop chop!!"

Hansul was on the verge of cursing him out loud but Taehyung pulled him out of the old man's cabin in time and shot him a patronizing glare.

"Do you want to lose your job that bad Hansul?" The brunet asked angrily making the boy scoff and look away.

"Bet your worth it too Officer Kim." The boy said under his breath and luckily or not, Taehyung didn't hear him as he had already walked away. The brunet got into his cabin and slammed the pile of files on the table and raked a hand through his hair.

His ears were red, eyes burning behind his glasses as he kicked a stool away and his mind repeated the word in a loop.

Pet. Pet. Pet.

He wasn't someone's pet for fucks sake!!!

No one. NO fucking one was allowed to call him a Pet anymore. Nobody except--

No!!

Not even him. Not even Jungkook could call him that!!!

Taehyung closed his eyes and began doing his little breathing exercise, counting ten numbers up and down. It was something he came up with to control his anger issues, which were really beginning to become real life.

He decided to throw himself into the workload, using that as a distraction from his thoughts which still somehow consisted of one raven headed male.

He's not worth it. Jungkook's not worth it Taehyung.

He kept himself reminding that, not caring if they sounded genuine even to himself.

Just like that, the pages flipped and the pen scribbled and the sun sunk down the horizon, turning the sky into a pretty bluish purple.

Taehyung was exhausted but he hadn't stopped, not even for a short tea break like the others usually did. Slowly the day officers were replaced by night shifters, who were only about 4 in number, excluding Taehyung and the chief. It wasn't busy day because Seonchang remained peaceful as ever.

That was until another junior recruit stormed into Taehyung's office, face scrunched with worry.

"Hyung nim! Its a havoc!!"

Taehyung looked up and raised a brow at the panting boy.

"Eunwoo, what's the matter? What happened?"

"It's a havoc hyungnim a havoc!! Like hell unleashed on earth! There's fire-- a-and bombs--"

"Eun can you be a little clear?" The brunet asked irritably, getting to his feet but his heart had already started pumping harder at the words 'fire' and 'bombs', carrying an odd sense of Deja vú.