Chapter 1: Legacy Of Two Geniuses

Third's Person's P.O.V

somewhere in an apartment, lies a young genius who was the first born son of Tae Joon Park and Natalie Park.

Dae's P.O.V

I was laying on the couch, I was taking a break from working on something I have been working on for the past few months, I am an electronic engineer, I learned how to hack from my Father, but I don't use it much, no reason for me to do so.

I sighed as I stared at the ceiling, for a 27 years old my life and job are doing good, better than most of ours young adults, but I still feel a little bit empty, and the people who I work for are idiots, all they want is money, and I should be payed more, they pay me way less than the other companies, when I find another job I will be quitting this shithole of a job.

I sighed again, I then grabbed my phone and started seeing news about the world, nothing interesting until I saw this Article...

The Former Legends of Apex Games are reviving the Games!

what?

and the site this article is on is a confirmed site, so it's not fake.

I'm pretty sure my Mother and Father were former legends in the apex games, but..they didn't tell me anything about this, this is strange...I thought Mom told me Dad wanted to escape those years in the apex games? I need to ask them some questions.

I stood up and looked at the time, 2:43 P.M, and it's Wednesday, Mom has an off day on Wednesdays, and Dad comes from work at 1 P.M, They should be home, I quickly grabbed some clean clothes and changed, I fixed my messy hair and exited my apartment, I made sure the door was locked before heading to my parents' House...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I was standing at the front door of a 3 stories house, I rang the bell and waited until someone opened the door, it was my Father, "Oh Ah Dae" he smiled, he let me in "It's nice seeing you again 아들" (Son) I smiled at him "당신도 아버지" (You too Father), I knew Korean well, and also French, my dad taught me Korean while my mom taught me French, we headed to the living room where mom was sitting on the couch, her eyes lit up when she saw "Dae! happy to see you son, what bringz you here?" she asked as she put down a cup of coffee on the table, I sat on the opposite side couch, while Dad sat next to Mom.

"it's been a while since I visited you, and I needed a break from work, so what's better than spending some time with my family?" I told them as smiled, they smiled back "well we are happy to have you here again son!" Moms aid cheerfully as always, "how's work Dae?" Dad asked as he put on his glasses, "It's Fine, but they still pay me shit" I rolled my eyes annoyed, "did you try finding anozher job?" Mom asked, I nodded "yeah but there is none, but when I get the chance I'm quitting right away." I stated, they both nodded at me.

"Anyways..How's my siblings?" I asked changing the subject, "zey are fine! Nicolette Finally found a job, André and Hyuku are doing well in their school" Mom replied happily, "speaking of André and Hyuku, where are they?" I asked because I didn't see or hear them, usually they would be shouting while playing video games in their room, I would always hear them but I was a bit confused on why I wasn't hearing them.

"Hyuku went to visit a friend of his, André went to study at the Library" Dad answered before grabbing his cup of coffee and drink some of it, "Ah I see.." I said before looking away for a moment, I wanted to ask them about the apex games but I don't know how to start.

"somezing wrong Dae?" I snapped back into reality when mom spoke, I nodded "yeah I am fine..I just want to ask you about something.." I said straightening my back, "what is it?" Dad asked raising an eyebrow, "is it true you will revive the apex games?" I asked rubbing my neck a bit, Both of my parents were silent for about 15 seconds, which made it very awkward and uncomfortable, "Pardon(Sorry) I-" I was cut off by my mom, "Oui Dae" she said simply looking away bit, dad had his arms crossed and his eyes closed.

"Ajay and Silva had the idea, they asked us for help and we agreed" Dad paused for a moment "it's not just us, Elliot, Renee, Makoa, Anita and Loba are joining on reviving it too." he added opening his eyes and looking at me "why did you ask?" he asked me as he removed his glasses, "Before I came here I was looking at the news...an article was posted about this." I explained, Dad nodded "you shouldn't be worried Dae, just focus on your work and finding another good job." Dad said standing up, I nodded slightly while looking down, "Understood Father..." I said, he nodded and left the room, Mom sighed and looked at me "Dae, I know you are worried about your Papa and hiz past, but don't worry, we both agreed on joining on reviving ze games, it'z just your Papa is sometimez...paranoid" she looked down for a moment before looking at me, "I know...but I don't want him to have unstable mental state because of this, didn't you say he still have nightmares about this?" I asked worried, Mom nodded sadly "yez...but Dae, ze only way he can escape zose nightmares is facing ze games again, not az a legend, but az a coder" Mom explained...she is right, you don't get rid of your fears until you face it, face to face, I sighed, "Vous avez raison..."(you are right) I said standing up "but if anything happened tell me right okay, Oui?" I asked her, she stood up and smiled "Oui Son" he said before giving me a hug, I hugged back.

then she whispered something in my ear that I still can't believe...

" Maybe you should join, show your papa zat everything will be fine"

I broke the hug and stepped back, looking down at my mom shocked "What'z wrong Dae?" she asked tilting her head "Y-you-" I was stuttering because I never expected she would say something like this!

"oh Sorry, I shocked you didn't I?" Mom giggled at her pun, I Face palmed as I heard her giggles, I removed my hand from my face and looked at her "bezides I'm sure ze payment will be better zen ze Original Apex games, and zan your job" she added, "well Maybe, but mom I think that's...dangerous" I said rubbing my neck, "it wouldn't be dangerous when your Papa and Mama are around, Oui?" she placed a hand on my shoulder, I sighed and looked away " I will give it a thought." I told her, she nodded and removed her hand from my shoulder.

"Oui, think about it" she said smiling...that was very shocking, ah that was pun, 젠장 (Damn it) Dae, and I don't think I can handle a gun, what is mom thinking? ugh I need to calm down...

"Well Mom it was nice seeing you and Dad again, I need to go" I said fixing my jacket, she nodded "make sure to visit uz again soon Son!" she said cheerfully, "of course" I smiled at her, she walked with me to the front door, said our goodbyes then I left, I took a Taxi to my apartment...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I was laying on my bed, it was 12:28 A.M, I was still thinking about what Mom said...ugh this won't leave my mind at all...I slapped my cheeks lightly and shook my head, I need to get some sleep... I closed my eyes and tried falling asleep, but I was still thinking about this...

(Finally got this first chapter done, hopefully soon will be coming out soon, until next time take care.)

1386 Words 

Thank You For Reading 

Bye!