𝐒𝐎𝐇𝐌𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈

"hey Hatori. are you eating a DRAGON FRUIT? its too bad that even though you're supposed to be a dragon, you're just a sea horse when you shift. HAH! talk about a rip off." 

HATORI once had a fiancee

HATORI once had a fiancee. Enka enjoyed speaking with her. Her name was Kana. A beautiful young woman, who's friend, Mayuko, Enka once loved. 

Obviously, within the Sohma Family, happiness never lasted. In the end, by the order of Akito, Hatori was forced to erase all memories of their relationship from Kana's mind, and Mayuko, whom Enka had briefly dated, suddenly started to avoid every Sohma member all together. Enka loathed both Hatori and Akito for that. 

What a coincidence it was, that Mayuko was Tohru, Yuki, and Kyo's homeroom teacher, and what a coincidence it was, that Mayuko secretly loved Hatori. Because of her loneliness, the teacher briefly dated Shigure after Enka, (which she loathed), and then broke up with him because of his coldness towards her. 

"She doesn't love you anymore. She loves Hatori and not you...she abandoned you." Those were the whispers Akito filled her mind with every day after that. And eventually, Enka forgot about her love for Mayuko. In fact, she forgot about love altogether. But she never forgot about her hatred for those involved. Hatori for his cowardice, Mayuko for abandoning her, Akito for being the main cause of everything, and Shigure for his manipulative and cold behavior towards Mayuko.

As Enka gloomily observed the other Zodiacs as they played together on a beach, to which Enka had been forcibly brought to, she sensed a presence next to her. 

"Hatori." Think of the devil and he shall appear. 

"I wanted to speak to you. I thought now would be a good time." 

Enka straightened from where she was leaning on a rail. She lifted her wrist, checked the bare skin, and then dropped it again. "Sorry, I have to go fold the dishes. I think a century later would be a good time." She turned to leave, but Hatori spoke up. 

"I'm sorry." 

Enka rolled her eyes. "Why are you apologizing to me? What are you apologizing for? Apologize to Mayuko." 

"I...I know you loved her, and I'll definitely apologize to her too, but I-I'm sorry for my cowardice and the pain it caused you." Hatori suddenly fell onto his knees and touched his head to the ground, bowing in apology,

Startled, the female immediately started to splutter and wave her hands. "G-get the fuck up! What the fuck are you doing?" 

The Zodiacs were starting to stare in confusion. 

Tohru with her tilted head, Yuki and Kyo with shock, and Ayame with a proud grin. Shigure seemed to smile as well. 

"I don't care anymore, alright? You got stabbed in the eye anyway. Just get the fuck up!"

"Do you forgive me?"

"I DO!" Enka groaned. She really just wanted to sleep. 

When Hatori finally got up and went to join the others, Enka turned around. 

"Fuck, I'm going home. I miss Rin. Fuck."