Chapter 2: An Embarrassing Truth

Though luckily, it wasn't very loud crying. Still, the tears and snot ran down his face as he took in a shaky breath and sniffled.

"I-i didn't do i-it" he sniffed.

All Might looked at him, a bit shocked at this emotional development but quickly recovered.

"Oh, young Midoria, it's alright" looking around he saw that all the other students were busy with their tests so he moved forward, wrapping his arms around the boy and hugging him. "It's okay, one assignment doesn't change anything, it's just one grade." He soothed, rubbing his back.

"B-but I didn't read the book!" He mumbled, face buried in the larger man's shoulder.

"Oh.. well, that's okay, just try your best, yeah? But, why didn't you? It's not like you"

The boy in question wiped at his face embarrassed and reluctantly leaned away from the embrace, being aware of the possibility of his classmates turning around and seeing him with his mentor like that and haveing numerous questions after no doubt.

"Just h-haven't been sleeping well.." he mumbled, looking down and away, not wanting to say anymore. Toshinori thinks for a moment then nods. "I see" looking at the clock and then to the other students working on their papers he sighs and puts a piece of paper on Midoria's desk "We'll talk more about this later, try to figure out what's going on so it doesn't happen again" he smiled at the boy softly. "But for now try and focus on the test, try and do the best you can, everything will be alright" he reasurred, whether or not that was true he didn't know, but you couldn't completly fail at an essay about some old book right? I mean, it's not like Mics gonna read all of them, unless he does, wait, was he expected to read all of those notes all the way through and grade them while Mic was gone?! That's ridiculous!

Toshinori shook his head, trying to get himself back out of his thoughts and looks to the boy to see if he understood what he said. With a few tears still makeing their way down his flushed cheeks, though granted much slower, he nods and sniffs, giving a small wavery smile.

"Y-yeah.. we'll talk um, later" he nods again, thinking of avoiding that talk at all costs truly, "it's nothing really" he tries to back track. The blonde shakes his head and stands up, patting the boys shoulder "Nonsense, we'll talk later, just do your paper for now" he beams, and all Deku can do is smile back and look down, grabbing his paper and getting to work writing. At this Toshinoriwaits a moment to make sure everything's alright before hesitantly makding his way back to the podium. Now to grade some papers, he sighs at the thought.

~• 50 Minutes Later•~

The bell sounded across the halls and into the classrooms, alerting the students to the end of their 7th and last period of the day. Most would be off to a few hours of personal training now at the gym and then to the cafeteria for dinner and their dorms for the night. All Might clapped his hands together to get his students attention.

"Alrighty! Everyone turn your essays in as you leave the room!" He called, students begin to swing their backpacks over their shoulders and hobble their way out, passing their papers to him as they went, chatting amongst each other and hurrying a bit to get out of the classroom. While they were going to a school that they wanted to attend to do what they dreamed of, it was still school, and they needed to go get out that pent up teen energy!

Collecting the papers and replying with a thank you to each one given to him, All Might soon straightens the stack

"Midoriya do you mind sta-" as he looked up to ask the boy to stay behind so they could talk, he saw no one there, the class was empty. He must have hurried to go train, maybe to let out some energy and help him calm down, that'll be good for him, Toshinori thought to himself, only to be interrupted by the buzzing if his phone. He picked it up out if his pocket and unlocked it, takeing a look at the message.

Load Blonde:

- Hey! I appreciate
you substituting!
Got called for another
patrol, could you
start grading their
tests? Thx!!

Yoshinori sighed, he'd be here for at least another few hours with all this grading. Guess it'll be awhile before he can go talk to Midoriya. He got behind the podium and sat down, grabbing a pen and getting to work.

~•3 hours later•~

All Might stood outside Midoria's dorm room. It was now six, right after dinner and the bot should be in there working on his homework or relaxing, he thought. Raising a hand he knocks.
"Come in!" Calls someone from inside. Toshinori takes the doorknob and turns it, opening it up and polling his head in.

"Midoria" he greets with a broad smile.

The green haired one inside, having been sitting on his bed working on some homework out of a notebook, looks up quickly, suprised at who's there.

"Oh! All Might! I thought it was another student or something.. come in!" He says quickly, blushing a bit at his blubbering.

All Might smiles at this and walks the rest of the way into the dorm room, shutting the door behind him.

"Thank you, apologies for not being something more exciting, but we needed to talk if I recall?" He says, gently but seriously.

The boy squirmed a bit at this mention and looks down, moving to sit on the edge of the bed and sitting the notebook aside.

"Oh.. yeah, um, you can sit if you like." He motions to the room on the bed beside him. The blonde smiles at this and moves to sit down. An awkward silence stretches out for a few seconds between them.

"Well.. what's been going on? You said you haven't been sleeping well, is there anything I can help with? What's up?" All Might asks concerned and turning to look at his pupil. Midoria fiddles with his hands, not sure what to say and cheeks growing more red.

"It's nothing really..." he mutters

He raises an eyebrow at that "Nothing? Midoria, you haven't missed an assignment in all the years you've been here, it must be somethkng. Come on, you can tell me" I said, nudging the boy's shoulder.

Midoria paused for a moment and bit his lip. "I.. I've been pretty stressed lately.. what with this being the last year of school and getting into a good Hero job" he mumbles. He nods at that, urging the boy to continue.

"When I'm stressed I.. wetthebed" he says the last part quickly, voice dropping even quieter.

Looking confused the blonde pauses "sorry I didn't quite catch that" he says, genuinely haveing had a hard time hearing the boy.

Midoria takes a deep breath at this and pauses one more, "I wet the bed."