THE JERK WHO STOLE MY BEST FRIEND'S SOCK...OR NOT

Client: Bethany-turner

How it felt like when I was reading your book:

TITLE

Marvelous! It's long but it's fantastic. The humor literally radiates from the title. It's unique and it's definitely got an aroma of humor and laughter. So you did a brilliant job at that!

BLURB

It was short and sweet. It was attractive. It had just the right amount of information and no spoilers at all. So full points on that! Also, never ever even think of changing it. Because that blurb is gold.

COVER

Another fabulous job on that! Perhaps it's the way that cover is literally a hot mess...I think that's why I love it. I love the different fonts you used in the title. 

Your name on the book though, enlarge it! Also, the letters of the author's name need to be capitalized. ♥

PLOT AND GRAMMAR

Socks missing? Locked in a mall? Mysterious romance? Best group of friends? Ain't that fabulous already?

You have got an amazing plot in mind. The word limit in each chapter is perfect! The urge I have to complete the whole book and see how it ends is burning inside me.

However, there is always scope for improvement. ♥

1. Writing in the first person can be hard. You have to put yourself into the character's shoes and write your own character's thoughts. Doing this, you will find that you use the word 'I' often in the sentences.

Example: I click the corner button of my phone, switching it off with a sigh. I watch as the numerous rays of sunlight enter the bright room through the window panes... I roll over my bed, attempting to climb off it...I groan with pain as my chestnut brown locks...I stretch my arms, locking my hands above my head.

What it could have been: Clicking the corner button on my phone, I switch it off with a sigh. Watching the numerous rays of sunlight enter the bright room through the window panes, the wall looked like it had been painted with exquisite patterns, Rolling over my bed in an attempt to climb off it, I end up planting my face in the ground. Groaning with pain...Stretching my arms and locking my hands above my head...

In this way, you can avoid using the word 'I' too often. 

2. Your text messages are something that I always look forward to. They are amazing and funny and I really get what kind of a person you are through your author notes since I can relate to every one of them.

This particular conversation might not suit some users though.

I know it's for fun, I do it too, but I think it's best if you altered it a little bit. ♥

#shunklivesmatter could be #shunksmattertoo

#saynotoracism could be #saynotohunting

I think this could prevent additional thoughts in a reader's mind since some readers could be too sensitive. ♥

3. Also, do italicize your thoughts. The thoughts she gets in her mind when she realizes she's locked up in the mall are just hilarious! Italicize them instead of using normal fonts. This will have an effect on the reader to read them carefully. 

OVERALL

It was wonderful to read this book, to be honest. I had been laughing the whole time. The text messages were so fun to read and I think that's the heart and soul of the book. It made me want to read the further chapters too. You definitely know your characters well and from your author notes, I think we could become really good friends. xD 

Also, this review is just my opinion. You are free to write whatever you wish.

I apologize if it comes rude, it's only for your benefit.

Also, anyone wondering for a funny book filled with endless squeals of laughter, I suggest this one!

I wish you good luck with your book Bethany-Turner ♥