21. First Time

(Rated m, idol life, fluff)

I'm seeing the pain, seeing the pleasure,
nobody but you, 'body but me, 'body but us, bodies together.
I love to hold you close, tonight and always.
I love to wake up next to you.

⤝❁⤞
(Another continuation of The Story of Rosekook because I'm obsessed with them).
⤝❁⤞

Jungkook and Chaeyoung just couldn't get enough of each other. Even before they began officially dating, sparks were flying chaotically between them with every glance, every innocent touch, and every interaction. But after that first date, which had solidified their relationship, those sparks had grown into full-scale forest fires.

In between their hectic schedules, they spent every spare moment together. It didn't matter if it was just a few stolen moments backstage, a midnight walk by the river, or a three-hour long phone call. They took whatever time they could get together, and they made the most of it.

Chaeyoung had every intention of taking her time with this relationship. She constantly reminded herself to take it slow, so she could truly savour all the little moments between them. But that was much easier said than done.

Because whenever they were together, it was impossible not to become wrapped up in each other. Those little touches of his skin on hers became more frequent, more natural, more addicting. Their hands found each other in any and every moment. Whether they were just sitting side-by-side at a table or walking a short distance from a parkade to a door, their fingers were always interlocked. Like two halves of a whole.

Their lips seemed to find each other just as often as their hands. And even though their groupmates constantly teased them about their PDA, kissing Jungkook was quickly becoming one of Chaeyoung's favourite hobbies. With their busy schedules, they had to steal kisses wherever they could. Sometimes that happened to be covert little pecks in the kitchen before movie nights with the BTS members. Or quick make out sessions when the other Blackpink members were sleeping. The more time passed, the riskier their PDA became, and the more intense feelings were invoked.

Within a few weeks, Chaeyoung and Jungkook's relationship had taken off as quickly and fiercely as a rocket shooting towards the moon. He was the best part of her day. Talking to him was therapy for her stressed mind. Kissing him was like a balm to her fatigued body. Everything felt right with him. Everything was perfect for a few wonderful weeks.

But when Blackpink and BTS both began their world tours in different corners of the globe, they had no choice but to stay apart for a while. Work began to consume all their time and energy. And as much as they both enjoyed performing on stage, there were lonely lulls in between where all they wanted to do was to be together. But the distance and the different time zones didn't allow it.

Eventually, they went from talking everyday to once every few days. Then once a week. And when phone calls became too hard to maintain, that turned into just a few texts per week instead.

Chaeyoung was constantly exhausted. And she knew Jungkook was too, so she didn't blame him for the distance that was slowly taking its toll on their relationship. But her heart hurt more with every day they spent apart. With every phone call she couldn't pick up because she was performing. With every text he answered late because he was working 18 hours a day and barely sleeping in between.

She missed him. And the worst part was she couldn't do anything about it.

February 10, 2019

"Chaeyoung, smile a little. It's almost your birthday, and we're in New York! This is your favourite city!" Lisa exclaimed, nudging Chaeyoung with her uniquely sharp elbow as they sat in a fancy seafood restaurant, waiting for their food to arrive.