20. First Date

{idol life, first love, fluff}

When you close your eyes, tell me what are you dreamin?
Everything, I wanna know it all.
I'll spend 10,000 hours and 10,000 more
Oh, if that's what it takes to learn that sweet heart of yours.

⤝❁⤞
(This is a continuation of The Story of Rosekook Series. Whereas the previous parts explored how they met, this will show you the beginning stages of their relationship). Based on a true story.
⤝❁⤞

January 2, 2019

Chaeyoung was about to have a meltdown. She pulled down the hem of her skirt while examining her reflection in the mirror of her Blackpink dorm room. 

'Too short,' she thought with a frown that naturally progressed into a loud sigh. The skirt was removed a second later and tossed to the corner of her bedroom to join the multiple other useless, discarded clothes.

Quickly, she threw on a black, long-sleeved dress and then immediately took that off too.

'Too long.'

She had been at this for at least an hour, trying to find the perfect outfit for her first official date with Jungkook. It had to be something pretty and flattering. Sexy yet classy. Not too casual and not too fancy. Warm enough for the winter weather without being too bulky. It needed to be perfect. Because knowing Jungkook, he was going to show up looking as dashing as always, and she needed to match that level of beauty. That was a lot of beauty to live up to.

There was also a certain level of expectation Chaeyoung had for herself. And somehow whenever Jungkook was involved, those expectations rose even higher. Because she felt so strongly for him, she wanted to give him only the best parts of herself. Especially knowing how long he had waited to ask her out. The last thing she wanted was to disappoint him. To not live up to the high hopes he had, the fantasies he had created in his head all this time.

Chaeyoung hadn't been on a date in a while. And the only ones she had ever been on were half-assed, poorly planned, covert dates with her ex in the past, so she had no idea what to expect for her first outing with Jungkook. She knew it was going to be a world of a difference because of who Jungkook was as a person, but it was still kind of scary to step into the unknown.

Among all these worries, another underlying concern constantly floated through her mind that maybe they wouldn't hit it off as well as they both thought they would. Maybe their spark was only a temporary thing that would fade with time like all other relationships seemed to. And if going on this date ruined their friendship, then she didn't know how she would ever get over the pain of losing him.

Now, as those thoughts hit her like a hurricane again, she could barely concentrate on the task at hand. She rummaged through the contents of her closet with sharp, jerking movements that only intensified when she caught a glimpse of the time displayed on her phone.

6:42 pm.

"Shit, shit, shit," Chaeyoung muttered under her breath as she realized she had less than 20 minutes before Jungkook arrived.

Just then, her phone vibrated with a notification. Sure enough, it was Jungkook announcing that he was on his way to the Blackpink dorm.

Jungkookie 💜: "About to leave my house. Excited to finally see you again 😘"

In the midst of all the internal panic she was feeling, Chaeyoung's heart still managed to flutter as she read his message. A natural smile spread across her face, and she momentarily paused the battle with her hangers to quickly type a message back. Because, as if he wasn't perfect enough already, Jungkook was always on time.