my dreamy dream

Marinette pov:
Recognition flooded into me and I gasped. His soft tousled hair fell onto his face. He peered at me through his dark eyelashes, his stunning eyes a gorgeous brown with flecks of green.

He walked towards me and I chewed on my bottom lip. I drew my eyebrows together, why was he here?

Then, before I knew what had happened, he was standing in front of me. The high difference made me feel small and insecure but also protected.

Along the bridge of his nose was the faintest hint of freckles. I hesitantly rose my hand and lightly traced them with the tip of my thumb.

Is he hurt?

He gently placed my hand in his and lowered it to his mouth. The kiss was light and nearly brushed my hand, yet it made my heart lurch and a familiar feeling of butterflies appeared at the bottom of my stomach.

"Marinette" his voice was husky " you need to wake up"

" What?" I asked, yet I was still shocked by his actions.

" Wake up, Marinette. Wake up" his voice slowly transitioned from low pitched to high pitched. " WAKE UP!"

I suddenly sat upright, hands over my ears. I open my eyes but instantly regret it.

"Uhhhhhhh, it's too bright!"

"Hurry up, Marinette, it's the weekend. You're going to be late! You have to go to the Daily Bugle to meet up with Audrey".

"Omg! I need to get changed. Have you seen my lucky socks, Tikki? Oh my god, oh my god" I say whilst frantically searching for my pair of blue and red striped socks.

" Marinette, calm down. I woke you up half an hour early prior to when we have to leave".

" Your a life saver Tikki" I kiss her head before going to get ready. My taxi arrives an hour later and we travel through New York City.

Surprised at the amount of honking and shouting between neighboring cars didn't even frazzle the taxi driver.

Once we arrive I pay the man before jumping out and swerving around ongoing crowds before walking through the doors of the daily bugle.

The building was cold from the air conditioning that was making sure the printers and computers didn't overheat.

Everyone was running around, and I felt as if I was watching a race to see who could be the fastest.

Then it dawned on me why. Style Queen is here, or at least should be.

"Hey"

I jump in surprise and nearly fall over but strong sturdy arms catch me. Those same eyes from my dream bored into mine.

" H-hey Peter. Sorry"

" It's fine. How come your here?"

" Oh, well you know about my apprenticeship with style Queen?" He nods " well I'm supposed to be meeting her here. What about you?"

" Just giving Jonah some Spidey pic's"

" Oh Spiderman. He's amazing! I've seen him in action, actually ladybug was there"

" Wait yeah, she came from Paris too. That's so cool. What did you think about Spidey then compared to the great savior of Paris"

I laugh and I could feel my face turn a shade darker. " He looks nice and doesn't deserve the type of press he gets. Plus he's quite funny"

" How do you know he's funny?"

" Ummm, I just heard him crack up a joke once, you know" it was a bad lie but I hoped he would believe it. So I quickly change the subject. " Well, what do you think about ladybug"

" She looks like hero. Someone who is ready to fight for what they believe in"

" Yea, the same with Spiderman".

" Jonah, JonAHH!" Audrey barges through the door and walks towards the elevator. Everyone scurries away from her and hide.

I smile awkwardly at Peter. I wave and turn around to follow her before he grabs my hand.

" Meet up at Donny's in an hour?"

" Okay" and with that I leave.

Once Audrey and I make it to the top floor, I realised everyone looked more scared up here than down stairs.

I don't know why I expected it, but when I saw John Jonah Jameson for the first time, I instantly knew it was him.

Not because of the small bald patches that scattered his head, that were falling out due to stress. Nor was it the fact that all his hair had turn white.

It wasn't because of the huge cigar that sat lazily in his mouth, or that everyone was avoiding his office.  It's wasn't even because of the dozen of pill containers to help deal with anger issues or stress for him, laid on his secretary desk.

It wasn't because he had many wrinkles but none of them were from smiling.

No, the reason I knew it was him was because he sat in his chair with a bubble of self confidence and pride around him.

He wasn't someone you want to mess with and he made sure everyone knew it.

Audrey's lip curled into a  mysterious smile.

" Jonah!" Her voice was sweet and thick like syrup compared to how it was earlier on.

He grunted in acknowledgment. " Audrey".

"How marvellous it is too see you again, we really should make more time to see each other more often. I have loads of upcoming fashion trends that I'm sure will made front page".

"Sure, if Spiderman retires before your dead then maybe we can reserve two front pages for you. But until that day, I would prefer to keep your visit to a minimum"

" Ah yes, your right about one thing, Jonah. He really is a menace"

"HA! That's what I keep telling everyone here, just wait till I see him again, I'll give him a price of my mind about the damage and destruction he's causing".

The elevator pings and Peter walks through.

" Speak of the devil and he shall appear. What pictures have you got, Parker"

" Just some one's from the fight with venom and one last night where he stopped a bank robbery".

" More like stealing than stopping. Give me them" Peter lifted them up and showed him. I quickly caught a sneak peek of it and blush.

Not only did Spiderman look very muscular and toned in the image, but Peter had caught the moment perfectly. Spiderman was kicking venom square on in the face.

" Wow, they're really good Peter" I say, and everyone looked at me like they had only just realised I was there. Apart from Peter who smiled and blushed.

"Got your self another apprentice Audrey? How long is this one going to last?" JJJ asks

" I plan on this one staying, she's a close friend of my daughter's and I consider as my own". Audrey smiles at me and I can't help but hug her.