Seriously, what kind of drugs was this man on?

Chaeyoung flung the duvet across the room and pulled herself up on her feet. Why was he taking her to church? It definitely wasn't to ask for god's forgiveness because it was too late for him.

She quickly showered and changed into jeans and a cropped hoodie with black combat boots, not putting any effort on her face, then brushed her hair, and by the time she was done, she was five minutes late. Chaeyoung honestly didn't care, but she was just glad that He didn't barge into her room.

He was waiting for her, standing by the door with a half-eaten sandwich in hand, eyes cast down on his phone. When he heard her footsteps, he looked up and glared at her, jerking his head at his watch.

"Oh, make yourself at home why don't you," she stated sarcastically, glaring at his sandwich. He mumbled a quick thanks and she promptly followed him out to his car. He opened the passenger side door for her, gesturing her with a tilt of his head.

When She moved to get inside the car, she jerked back in shock when he slammed the door shut, almost taking her leg in the process. He laughed as he crossed over to the driver's seat, as she stared at him in disbelief, palm against her beating heart.

"Open your own door"

Asshole.

The car ride was silent at first, with Ghost barely sparing her a glance or acknowledge her presence. It wouldn't have bothered her all that much if it weren't for the fact that he didn't tell her why he was taking her to church, if he was even telling the truth about that.

She was tired, mostly sleepy and hungry, and the jerk couldn't even let her eat something first, but devoured his sandwich as if he paid for it.

Selfish asshole.

The silent came and went before someone called him. The next five minutes were excruciating, listening to him laugh and talk shit Chaeyoung didn't understand. But the thing she got from the conversation was there was a rivalry between his gang and some other gang called Vipers.

Apparently, someone in His gang was a spy for Vipers and he had stolen money from them, but Ghost had located the missing money. Blah, blah. Bl-doesn't concern her-ah.

Instead, she looked out of the window, trying to map out the route he was driving in, and she recognized it at first, but then distinctly decided she had no idea where he was going.

When his annoying phone call ended, she caught him a glance, watching the side of his profile, ignoring how hard and striking it was and decided to end the silence.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Relax, I will bring you back in one piece."

"Whatever, I wouldn't even trust you if you promise on your life." The tension in her body didn't ease one bit, and her heart continued pumping furiously for a whole different reason.

He laughed, adjusting a little in his seat. Throwing a glance at her with a grin, he asked, "I forgot to feed you, didn't I? Don't worry, there would be free food in church, I think. They do have free food, don't they?" He looked back at her briefly before looking at the road again. At least, he wasn't a reckless driver she thought he would be.