"Is it because your good luck charm is gone?" Gabby licked her spoon clean, ignoring the daggers she shot her way.

  "I could say the same about you. The fact that you're here and not with Greg means something is wrong and you're hiding from him." Catherine decided wine was necessary after all, so she promised herself to drink half a glass. "What is it? I thought you both are doing much better."

  Gabby groaned, "Don't turn it around and make it about me! It's you I'm here for. You and your sappy little broken heart."

  "Oh don't fool yourself." She fired back, "You're here to escape from having a conversation with your bloody husband."

  They both sat side by side, quiet for a moment. Gabby took the tub again, stabbing at it with more force.

  "I'm not ready to go into it yet."

  "Me either." Catherine leaned over taking her wine glass offering her a toast, "Can we call trust?"

  Her friend gave a sad smile and the sound of their glasses clink echoed in the room. "Trust." Gabby agreed.

  "I bet the sex is much better for you though. Hot and angry and filled with issues." Catherine gave her a smirk. She resumed writing down the list of ingredients it would need to make wolfsbane and some other potions.

  "You got that part right, I won't deny. But for married couples it's the after. If the issue is still there it's just awkward..." Gabby gulped her wine, pouring another. "Dirty make up sex... you'll know how it feels like soon enough."

  Her quill stopped moving, no doubt a blotch of ink forming across her words, spilling over the parchments.

  Let me borrow your quil Hufflepuff.

  "Bold of you to assume there will be any." Catherine tried to refocus on her writing. Gabby moved forward in her seat like she had a lot to say but clamped her mouth shut. Remembering that they called trust, she leaned back again downing her third glass.

"You can say it." Catherine coaxed her.

  Gabby shook her head, "No, I'm fine."

  She watched Catherine study for a while, sitting there sulking with Smalls cuddled in her lap. Catherine moved on to studying the different types of dragons and how to treat their burns.

  Gabby sighed loudly.

  "One last chance, spill it." Catherine said again, about to open a new book.

  "Nope."

  "Okay."

  Not even a second later, "I just think that you're stupid. A complete idiot. Respectfully..."

  Catherine dropped the book to the table and threw her hands up.

  "Okay, let me just ask you this. Did you feel relieved when he left, or did it feel like someone twisted your heart out?"

  None of the answers were right, because what she felt was so much more. She didn't need a dictionary to tell her that what she felt was the definition of heartbreak. Even her eyes gave up on her and no tears were spilled, no matter how hard she tried. It gave her a continuous headache instead.

  "You don't have to answer because I already know what you feel. I just want you to realise things before it's too late and you lose more than you know." Gabby's voice turned soft.

  "He didn't reach out." Catherine did not know what to think about that. Then again why would he? You have no right to want him when you choose to walk away.