"Did you fill out the log for this past weekend?"

"...No."

"L/n! You have to complete your work, or we'll fail the project."

"It's such a pain in the ass though, I don't feel like it."

"Language, but there is no option here."

"Yeah, I know, I'm just lazy." 

"You aren't lazy, there's just no desire to do it, and it's evident." 

"Damn, alright..."

"Just being honest. If you need assistance, please let me know."

"Alright," She went quiet, "Thanks."

"It's my pleasure."

The short walk to her house finally ended, and she almost rushed in without saying anything - That was until she stopped to think. "Hey, Iida."

"Yes, l/n?"

"Can you uh, help me with some work?"

"Of course," he started towards her, "Is there anything specific you needed help with?"

"Just math for now, I think." 

"Yes, today's lesson can become quite confusing."

"Yeah," She walked inside and went to her room to take off her bag, then grab what she needed out of it - heading to the kitchen table to place it down. Throughout the house, Iida shadowed her, not knowing what else to do. "You can sit, you know?"

"If you say so."

"Want a drink?"

"I'll take a glass of ice water if you don't mind."

"Ok," She grabbed a glass for him and one for herself, filling them up accordingly. 

"Thank you, l/n. Now what was it exactly that you needed help with?"

"Everything. He didn't explain it clearly at all." She took the homework page out along with a pencil, and let Iida take the lead in explaining how to do it while she followed his steps on paper. With careful explanation, he guided her through the homework, allowing her to finally understand it all. "Ohh, so you just- got it." 

Iida smiled in reaction to his teachings paying off. They finished the work page and moved on to another, not needing as much help with this subject. After completing the day's work, y/n could finally relax. "How about we take a break, and pick back up with the project log?"

"Iida...! Come on," she groaned.

"You have to complete it l/n."

"But this project's dumb, so what's the point?"

"To test a theory." 

"You take everything seriously, don't you?" 

"How else am I supposed to take things?"

"You're ridiculous..."

"Is there something wrong with it?"

"No, no. Just interesting to see a different perspective of life."

"How come?"

"Well I, for one, stopped taking things so seriously a while ago. Shit just got so hectic that I just... gave up."

"Language, but care to elaborate?"

She sat in thought, "Maybe another time. There's a lot and I don't feel like going through it again."

"As you wish, but if you ever need to talk, I am here."

She looked up at him, "Thanks, Iida."

He completed the eye contact and smiled, "Any time, l/n." He then checked his watch, "I should probably get home and do my own work now. I wouldn't want to worry my mother."

"Alright. Thanks for the help."

"You're welcome. Please do not be afraid to reach out," he got up and grabbed his bag off the floor.

"Alrighty... Get home easy."

"Thank you, l/n. I will see you tomorrow." He said his goodbyes and headed off toward his own house.

"He really isn't a bad guy... He still has a stick up his ass, but he means well."

She kept in her seat in thought, then connected from Iida, to doing the project. Although she despised doing it, she got up to grab her materials. Luckily, she had an unused binder from last year and some loose-leaf paper, putting it inside. 

Coming back to the table, she started to draft her and Iida's weekend interactions along with that day's so far - including other details Harris mentioned. Throughout her writing, she questioned what this project would boil down to - would they just hand in their log, or would they have to create a slideshow? She wouldn't know until later, but it was interesting to think of.

After writing down as much as she could remember, she went back into her room to change out of her constricting uniform. While taking it off, she happened to be in front of the mirror - out of habit, she observed her body, seeing the red lines her skirt and undergarments had made on her skin. "I really need to slim down. This uniform is getting tight..." She changed into her loose-fitting pajamas and sat on her bed. Her stomach grumbled from not eating after school like she normally does. "I better not eat if I want to get somewhere."

She rolled over on her bed facing the wall, wanting to doze off but was quickly disrupted by the sound of her phone.

It was from Iida, "I have gotten home safely. I hope you did your work."

She sook her head and replied, "I did"

"Wonderful. Have a good rest of your day, l/n."

"u too Iida"

She placed her phone away from her and tried to doze off once more, easily being completed by her exhausted mind. This project had crowded her mind and social life so much already and it's almost been a week - If it was like this so early, how would it go for the next couple months?

1302 words