Chapter 3: The Royal Wedding

"You may now kiss the bride

"You may now kiss the bride."

Cheers and a large round applause rang through the room as Mark and Jisun sealed their marriage with a kiss. Mexin couldn't help but be filled with happiness, turning to her boyfriend that was standing beside her.

"Are you crying?" Meixin asked, smiling as she watched Ten dab his tears with the back of his hand.

"I'm not, it must be the flowers." Ten mumbled in response. Meixin giggled, taking his hand and clutching tightly to his arm.

"Since when were you allergic?"

Clearly caught, Ten let out a deep sigh, looking up and blinking quickly to calm himself down. "It's just heartwarming, I guess. Mark is like a little brother and I knew Grace-"

Ten's voice cracked as he said the name of the late princess, looking away before turning back to Meixin. "She would have been proud."

"She told you, didn't she?" Meixin questioned, recalling the day of the final battle. "You knew that she was going to exchange their lives."

"We talked about it before." Ten confessed. "After Jungwoo died. She said that if something like that ever happened, it would be so pointless for her to stay alive. She would much rather give it to Mark and reunite with her lover once again."

"She was ready then." Meixin whispered quietly. Ten nodded his head.

"She was more than that." Meixin felt him squeeze her hand. "But let's not talk about that anymore. Today is supposed to be a happy day. Mark and Jisun's marriage isn't only a day where they're tied together for all of eternity but also a day where the dark and light realms are as well. Orenda is connected again, something that hasn't happened in centuries."

"You seem to really like that." Meixin said, the two of them turning their heads as they watched the people throw flower petals over Mark and Jisun as they walked past, making their exit.

"Well, what can I say?" Ten asked, slipping his arms around Meixin's waist as he rested his chin over her shoulder. "Now I can peacefully live in Aria with no worries."

...

"Excuse me, do you happen to know where the washroom is?"

Sora smiled as her boyfriend approached her, passing the girl a glass of punch. "Still using that line to try and make conversation?"

"To be fair, I'm actually curious." Hendery said, looking around the ballroom of the new central castle of Orenda. "This place is huge."

"There's going to be a lot going on here." Sora said, glancing around with Hendery. "Anything involving multiple realms will be held here."

"Are they planning on hosting the Summer Solstice Ball here too? Because I feel like that would be a little weird." Hendery said, turning back to Sora.