15

POV: LeRoy James Campbell, 19 - 🇯🇲

I saw her earlier in the bathroom wit tears in her eyes, washing her face.

I hope she doesn't think I'm mad at her. I've been tryna talk to her this whole time.

I get into bed, and hopefully she would want to talk to me later.

2:19am

"Cmon Amara, you've had to much to drink." I take away the bottle from her.

"Give me the bottle." She looks at me dead in the eyes as they fill up with tears.

"Please Amara, just go to bed." I beg. I can't let her end up like her mom.

Her eyes are red from crying. She's been drinking for hours and I didn't even notice until I came downstairs to grab something.

I see more tears starting to roll down her face.

I hold her in my arms. I know she's never gonna be able to forget about this.

"I can still feel him touching me, LeRoy.." she cries.

I take her upstairs and lay her down on my bed. She's shaking. She hasn't stopped shaking ever since she woke up in the car.

I lay down next to her and I put my arm around her waist. Tightly.

8:47am

I'm rubbing on her back. Usually she would be on her phone, but she's just staring out the window.

There's still blood on the back of her neck, but I don't say anything about it.

"Mar." I whisper.
She doesn't say anything.

She turns around, and now we're facing each other.
"I couldn't even sleep, Roy." She finally says.

I notice her black eye, and a several bruises on her face. I try not to react. I can't believe I didn't notice these before.

She's still shaking.
She started to rub her eyes, and I realize that there are fresh cuts on her wrist, and they weren't there before.

My heart dropped.

"When tf did you do this?" I ask. I sat up and grabbed her wrist.

"When you were asleep" she answers. her face is blank and she looks like she has no emotion.

totally numb.

"Um, I'm gonna go get sum, I'll be right back." She tells me.

As she takes off the blanket, I see more bruises on her back.

"Mar, let's go to the hospital and get the police invo-" I say

"no." she cuts me off.

"Jamie, please. Just let it go. I don't want to deal with this anymore. Just pretend it never happened." She explains. As she says this, I can hear her voice cracking like she's about to start crying.

She only calls me "Jamie" when she is serious.

She gets up and goes downstairs.

POV: Amara Johanne Kaliece Pierre, 17 - 🇭🇹

I start to look for the vodka that I had a while ago.

I found it.

I open it and I start to drink.
I like it, but I hate that I have to do it.
It helps me forget.
But only for a short amount of time.

One drink won't hurt.

9:34am

I did it. I finally did it.

I don't feel anything anymore.

I don't even...

Tears start to fill up my eyes when I start to realize that this feeling won't last for long.

"Yo mar, wya? I'm finna make us breakfast." I hear LeRoy coming down the stairs.

Luckily, I'm sitting on the floor. He won't see me.

He comes to the kitchen, where i am.

"Amara Jo." He says in a serious tone.

"What." I reply

"Please stop." He says. He looks like he is about to cry.

"Why...?" I ask.

"Why are you doing this to yourse-" he starts to say.

"This is all my fault, LeRoy. I didn't listen to you when you told me not to go. I wore jeans and that made...Zay..angry." I say to LeRoy.

I drink more.

I hate hearing his name, thinking about his name...and saying it.

"Amara please, give me the bottle. This is the second time." He begs.

As I give him the bottle, he grabs my wrist to look at my cuts again.

I stand up. And I cry. I don't want to do any of this anymore. I always have flashbacks. I always hear Zay's voice.

"I always feel his hands on me." I explain to Roy.