1

POV: Amara Johanne Kaliece Pierre, 17 - 🇭🇹

We have been best friends since 2nd grade.
I don't know where I would be without Leroy..

I remember it like it was yesterday. We met during recess, when I tripped on the sidewalk. Leroy was the one who helped me to go to the nurse. Ever since that day, we have been close.

-

I start to pick out my outfit, which I should have done the night before.. Leroy and I are going to Jessi's party. Jessi and I go way back, too. We have been best friends since 5th grade.

I hear tons of loud police sirens. Nonstop.

Man, I hate Boston.

"MARRR!" My mom yells from the kitchen
I'm focusing on my eye liner, and because of this, I forgot to answer her. She comes into my room and looks angry.

"You don't like answering people when they talk to you?!" She shouts.

I didn't answer her this time either, but it was because I assumed it was a rhetorical question.

"HELLO?" She says, as she walks up to me. I can tell she's drunk. Ever since what had happened to dad, she's been drinking all the time. Luckily I'm an only child, so no one else has to deal with her bullshit.

"Oh my bad.." I say, turning to her.
"Anyway, are you still going to that party?" She asks.

Don't you see me putting on my makeup?!

"Yes, Leroy is coming to pick me up in a few minutes." I reply.

"Oh. Okay well, be back by 11 I guess." She reminds me.

-

I quickly put on my outfit (which was a white long sleeve shirt, light washed ripped jeans, and my Air Jordan 11's.), sprayed perfume, put on some jewelry, and went downstairs to wait for Roy in the living room.

-

As I am waiting, I find a picture of my dad. I miss him so much. He went missing 5 years ago and was presumed dead. I quickly put the picture away because I didn't want to start crying. As soon as I sit down, I get a call from Roy.

Incoming Call From:
LeRoy 🤧❤️

☎️ "Aye" He says after I pick up the phone.

"Wassup Roy" I reply. ☎️

☎️"Come outside" He says.

I quickly hang up and run to his car.

"Aye ma" He says as he puts down the volume of his music.

"Did you eat?" Leroy asks, as he quickly scrolls through Instagram. I shake my head, hoping we could stop by Chick-fil-A.

"Well guess what, there's food at tha party" He replies. He starts laughing because he knew I would wanna get fast food.

He puts on Pop Smoke and turns up the volume. I put on my seatbelt, and then we leave my house.

- - - -

Y'all this is my first book, don't just me lol 🙁😭😭

Ummm comment what you think about the book so far, many major events are coming 👀

**PLEASE EXCUSE ALL MISTAKES 😐