Chapter 30: Logan Don't

Start from the beginning

"Ahh shit, Phoe. I'm sorry. I know you haven't really told them anything but they need to understand. And it just came out. Please don't cry. I hate it when you cry." He pulls me into a tight hug. 

"Flower. I'm so sorry. Please fo-"

"Nothing to forgive Caleb. I knew you'd react that way. I just wasn't as prepared as I thought I was. I do understand why, I really do. But hopefully you now understand me a little more. I'm also sorry you had to hear that from Lo and not me. I don't really know how to talk to you about…. My past. You know the horrors as you lived a little of it with me when… well you know. But you don't really know, and that's my fault for not sharing it with you. I just…. I don't want any of you to look at me differently or….. " I trail off, I don't want to be treated like I'm fractured glass on the brink of breaking. But this isn't what we're here to talk about. He wants to hear this shit from me so I'm going to tell him.

"come on" We sit down and Logan goes into the kitchen to get us drinks. When he comes out I tell Caleb everything. How I feel around Tejus, the sneaky tryst's, though they were never arranged, they just happened. Why I've kept it a secret. And Logan urges me to tell him about what happened on my date, which I do. Calebs just as confused about it as I was and fucking livid that I almost slept with Declan unknowingly. And when he asks me a question about Declan my automatic reply is fucking scary.

"So we're going to keep acting like he is your mate to try and catch him out. What about Tejus? Does he know any of this? Are we going to tell the others? They're going to be mad but not for long, and I promise they love you just as much as I do. We're not going anywhere. And when are you next seeing Declan? We need to be smart about this! I don't really want you alone with him" 

"Tejus doesn't know anything! And I'm not ready to tell him yet either. As for the others…. Again I'm not ready, but I'll leave it with you. I don't like lying to them but… I'm scared Ok. Just because you say that doesn't mean I believe it. I can't help it, I'm trying. And I'm going to Declan's next Monday, for a week, I'm so fucking excited!..... wait, wait, wait… did I seriously just say that?" My body filled with excitement then and I don't remember arranging to go to his territory. Away from my mates! Even if I wasn't sure about Tejus, I wouldn't arrange to go to his territory. Alone! I look at Caleb with trepidation. He pulls me into a hug and says 

"Don't worry, we'll figure something out. I need to figure out how he's doing it. I'll help with Tejus too and the sooner you mate him the better! He will make you stronger and tell him when you're ready, there's no pressure as we won't tell him shit. I'll try speaking to the guys too, Ok."

"You need to not think about it infront of him too. He-uh can read minds! Hence me being able to communicate with him already. And like you can teleport he does this thing called dissipate. He also has other forms of magic but I don't really know how to explain that. I don't like telling you at all as it's his thing. But I'll tell him I told you." I reach for my phone again and find my chest is starting to hurt. Seeing no new notifications I put it back down.

"Flower, can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

"Why haven't you mated with Tejus? Are you fighting it?" He looks at me with curiosity 

"Well… yeah, I've been fighting it. At the beginning I didn't know what the fuck was happening, I felt how I did around all of you but it was different somehow, in a better way than Declan, but Im still new to the whole, what to expect with a mate bond. I didn't know that was what I was feeling. I was confused and felt like shit for feeling like that towards someone and then for not telling any of you. You remember the whole river incident?"