twenty eight

BETH QUINN

a few days had past since the match and nothing really eventful had happened, i stayed at harry's place for a few nights but i was now heading back my own apartment alone.

harry had a few filming days for the sidemen and more sidemen channels so i decided i should probably head home and do my own thing.

i picked up some bits and bobs from the shops on my way home and headed up to my house, mia and will had been hanging out non stop and tonight was the day of their date so mia would be coming over later tonight so i could curl her hair and just have a general chit-chat.

as i put my shopping away into the fridge, i finally sat down and checked my phone, having the normal few messages from harry, will and the girls group chat but i also had a message from josh which worried me as we rarely spoke solo so the first thing my mind went to was that something could be wrong.

he messaged asking if i could call him when i had a moment so i sat down and called him, he picked up on the third ring.

"hey, beth!" his cheery voice called and i smiled.

"hi, josh" i said. "everything okay?"

"yeah! it's nothing bad" he reassured me. "basically, did harry mention the holiday video next week where there's a good team and a bad team?"

"yeah!" i said, remembering when harry mentioned it, hoping he'd be on the good team.

"well, i've done the random wheel and harry's on the good team" he paused. "it's harry, jj and tobi on the good team so i've got a plan"

"go on"

"you, freezy and lux are going to fly out on one of the days and surprise them" he explained and my jaw dropped. "all paid by us, don't worry"

"for real?" i gasped. "josh that's amazing, thank you! i don't know what to say!"

"just make it a good surprise for the content" he laughed, making me laugh too. "and don't tell harry, he can't know anything about it"

"of course" i told josh. "you're a proper genius when it comes to these videos, arent you?"

"i wouldn't go that far" josh chuckled. "oh, and freya will be there too, with me, so don't worry about being alone with all the guys"

"sounds good!"

"i'll message you all the details when i have them" josh told me. "thanks for agreeing to this"

"of course" i told him. "thanks so much, josh"

we said our goodbyes and i began to make myself lunch, deciding to have a lazy day today as i didn't have much to do.

i had also been looking for a new job, badly. i didn't dislike my current job but it wasn't exactly amazing pay and i refused to be a trust fund baby, even though my parents could afford it.

my parents were currently paying my rent as a birthday present from last year, i just didn't have a place until now, obviously.

jj had sent me a few videography positions to apply for which i appreciated and was patiently waiting for a response.

i spent the rest of the afternoon, eating lunch and catching up on some tv shows before my doorbell went off and i got up to get it, assuming it was mia. but it wasn't.

"freezy" i smiled. "what are you doing here?"

"are you busy? sorry i should've called first" he asked and i shook my head as i let him in.