Jade's Story! [Ch.2] - Drunken Monkey

Here is a new chapter :)  It is kind of a chapter to get things rolling.  Share your thoughts in comments and if you like it vote :) It helps me know if people want me to continue the story.

I have edited this chapter and revised it.  Some more details were added in different areas. If you notice any mistakes, please let me know.  :)

~~~~~~~~

Chapter Two

I groan as the light from the bedroom window hits my eyes. It is too bright. Dang it! Someone please shut off the sun. My eyelids feel heavy. They don’t seem to want to lift.  Man, what happened to me?

All I remember is packing my bags in my college dorm to come home for the winter break to visit my family. I think Lucas came and picked me up from school…

LUCAS!

My eyes shot open, letting the light rush in.

I look around the room to see I am in my bedroom on my family’s ranch. It all still looks the same from how I left it last summer before I went back to college for my junior year last August. Is it weird for a girl who can turn into a healthy 135 pounds, slim, sleek, black panther looking cat, that would give any human a heart attack if we crossed paths in the Shiloh woods, to have a Zebra Printed bed comforter for her queen-sized bed? Hmmm, who knows…?

I lift my covers to investigate my body after my beating the car wreck inflicted on me yesterday. Someone changed me into a pair of my pajamas. My guess would be either my mother, or Izzy. I am wearing pajama shorts, leaving it noticeable that my right leg is wrapped up good and tight around my thigh and from what I can tell it looks fairly new. My left leg looks as if the cuts the glass inflicted on me when I kicked the window have already begun to heal.

My right shoulder is in a sling to keep it from moving too far away from my body, but I can tell someone mostly had to pop it back into place last night so that it could begin to heal properly which the healing process will be hurried along when I find the time to shift forms.

I don’t remember how I got here though. I think I passed out on the car ride home. I look at my left wrist and notice an I.V. sticking out of it. They must have given me Morphine to help me sleep. Sedatives do not work very well on werecats because our high metabolism burns it out of our bodies very quickly, so when we need pain medications or sedatives, we need the strong kind, such as Morphine.

I lift my left wrist up to my right hand, pull out the I.V. and toss it to the ground. Next, I push myself into a sitting position with my left hand. I grunt when I feel a tug on my leg bandage, but manage to ignore the pain. I slowly slide my way to the edge of my bed and swing my legs off the side. Placing my feet firmly on the ground, I slowly stand to test my balance and the injury of my leg. It stings a little to stand, but nothing I can’t handle.

Once, I am sure my balance is stable, I limp my way to my bedroom door. Twisting the door knob, I open it and step out into the hallway onto the hard wood floors. Having carpet with a house full of werecats just doesn’t work out very well, with all of us dragging our dirt covered bodies in from the forest all the time, so my mother finally got fed up and made the boys get it replaced.

Looking to the left, I see 5 bedroom doors closed. On the right, there is only one door. I am on the third floor of the house. This floor strictly belongs to my siblings and me. On the second floor, is my parents bedroom, my father’s office, and some guest bedrooms. Our enforcers, which are also known as the royal guards for the Alpha, mainly live in a separate house from ours, closer to the woods. Enforcers are the protectors of their Pride and follow the orders of their Alpha.