Sayonara

The next day, Retz had transferred out of school.

That wasn't all. It was also the day Killua's 2 months would officially be over.

Killua could only imagine the worst scenarios possible. He was tormented by the consequences of having not finished his mission and making a friend. Well, more than a friend. 

He wasn't worried about something happening to him, he was worried about something happening to Gon.

Killua watched as Gon hopped around, trying to avoid all the cracks in the dirt road as he walked. The sun was shining bright in the sky, the golden beams of light touching everything around them. Gon fumbled a bit as he hopped onto his right leg. He caught himself before he could fall and gave Killua a reassuring smile and a thumbs up. 

No matter what, I'll protect him.

Killua closed his eyes as a cool breeze brushed by, moving his hair around his face and cooling him down. He had started to grow fond of the world around them, as if Gon's outlook was starting to rub off on him. Killua gazed out at a patch of wild flowers that blew in the wind, butterflies landing lithely onto them. Killua gaped, as if he were a blind man who could suddenly see. He had never realized how much beauty there was in the world. 

Killua turned his focus back to the raven haired boy and felt as if his heart had momentarily stopped beating. 

Gon's eyes were sparkling so bright, he'd have given the stars a run for their money if they were out. His lips pulled into an all too familiar smile that lit up his entire face into a mesmerizing warm glow that glistened like a veil of warm honey. A breeze blew by, blowing a few strands of his hair that were lightened into a golden-gray hue due to the sunlight around his face.

He looked warm and inviting, like a long awaited home that greeted a sailor after years of being at sea. Killua thought he was the polar opposite of himself. 

He was baffled, unable to understand how Retz could possibly hate Gon, who was the most enchanting soul to ever grace this damned planet. 

"You alright, Killua?" Gon asked, his soft voice hitting Killua's ears and it was then the boy realized he'd been staring for too long. He cleared his throat and nodded, walking a little ways behind Gon, staring in awe at him as he waded around the dirt road, taking in the nature before them. 

Gon jumped over a crack in the road and let out a short, musical laugh that Killua swore could calm even the angriest of people.

Every time Killua looked at Gon he had the urge to either kiss him, hug him, or touch him. 

To reach out to him. 

But in that moment he just couldn't. Gon had never looked so far out of his reach as he did then.

You're light itself. 

Sometimes you shine so brightly I have to look away.

Killua chuckled lightly to himself, bowing his head in the process before looking up again with almost pleading eyes. 

But even so, is it still okay if I stay by your side?

He asked the question, though he knew there would be no answer.

As if on cue, Gon turned around to flash Killua his signature smile and reach out for his hand. Killua didn't protest as their fingers interlocked like two perfect puzzle pieces.  

"You said I was your moon." Gon recalled fondly. 

"What about it." Killua stuck his free hand into his pocket, already feeling embarrassed about the direction this conversation was going in.