My Moon

Gon had sobered up a bit since they arrived home, but he was still feeling a little out of it and tired, though he was fighting sleep. 

Gon was sprawled out on his bed, his jacket thrown on the floor and his shirt crooked around his body. He yawned and turned over to Killua who was on the bed next to him, changed into a fresh pair of fluffy, white pajamas. 

Gon giggled at the sight of them and ran his hand over the soft material, not registering the way Killua tensed and then quickly relaxed under his touch. Gon was close enough to inhale the intoxicating scent that drove him mad. 

"You can tell a lot about a person by the way they smell." He said with a grin, playing with a strand of fluffy fabric over Killua's torso. 

"You already said that." Killua mused, staring at Gon with curious, soft eyes as the boy's hands trailed over his body. Killua silently wished there wasn't a wall of thin fabric separating their skin.

"That's why when we first met, I knew you were good." He stared at Killua with bright, determined eyes. There was no hint of doubt in those chocolate orbs. 

"Gon..." Killua began, at a loss for words. Killua didn't care what anyone thought of him until he met Gon. How could he tell the one person who's opinions about him actually mattered, that he wasn't all that good? He sighed, ruffling the boy's hair and leaning further into the mattress.  

He mulled over what Kurapika had said earlier. The L word. 

Love. 

His brows knitted together and his lips pulled down at the corners in a pout as he thought deeply. It was such a simple word but it made his heart flutter in such a damn good way when he thought about Gon and the word together.

"Cheer up, Killua!" Gon commanded, throwing his pillow at the boy's face. 

"Hey!" 

They started throwing pillows at each other and when they ran out, they resorted to wrestling. Killua's mood was brightening up. The two boys laughed and smiled as they fought for dominance. In the end, Killua won. He was positioned on top of Gon on the edge of the bed. Gon's head was hanging off the edge and he wrapped his arms around Killua's neck to support himself up. They spent a few moments panting and staring at each other, a familiar, overwhelming warmth enveloping the both of them. 

"Killua." Gon's face held a warmth to it that reminded Killua of a mixture of honey and ripened strawberries. 

Killua hummed in response, too transfixed with Gon's face to bother answering. 

"Wanna play a game?" 

Killua thought for a moment before answering. "Sure. What kind?"

"Hmm... Oh I know! Truth or dare!" 

They'd played the game before and it was usually pretty interesting. 

Gon untangled himself from Killua and the two boys got comfortable in the middle of the bed, laying on their backs with a few inches between them. Gon had his hands folded on his stomach and Killua had his arms crossed behind his head. 

"Truth." Killua said to Gon. He would almost always pick truth since last time he chose dare he was forced to make dinner which ended up being a horrible experience for both of them.  

"Hmm.. How long have you been an assassin?" Gon started off easy.

"Since I was born I guess." 

"Truth." Gon said. 

"You've always lived with just your aunt?"

"Yeah."

"What about your dad?"