Chapter 2

The plane touched down in Kanto as the sun was peeking over the eastern horizon. Ash and his Pokémon had slept well on the flight, exhausted from the emotional rollercoaster they had been on for the last few days.

Pikachu squealed with excitement as he spotted some Butterfree flying off in the distance.
"Pika!!"
"I see them too buddy, it's good to be home." Ash said rubbing Pikachu's ears. He turned to Lycanroc and saw his Pokémon looking at the Butterfree with curiosity and laughed.
"Your going to see so many new Pokémon you haven't seen yet Lycanroc, you're in for a great surprise and lots of fun!"
"Roc! Lycanroc Roc!"
Ash ruffled lycanroc's ears and laughed. "You got it, lots of new friends!"

Ash, Pikachu, and Lycanroc ran down the stairs once the door was opened, the fresh air making them all feel a little giddy.
"It's so good to be home! Ok guys, let's get my bag and head home to Pallet Town!"
Ash grabbed his bag before it even made it onto the carousel, making Pikachu and Lycanroc laugh at the look on the baggage handlers face.
"Hey Kid! You can't do that! Your supposed to..."
"Sorry, but I'm in a hurry! Besides, it was right there!" Ash called back before the handler could finish what he was saying.

Ash and his companions ran out of the airport and began heading towards Pallet Town, only a days journey down the road. First though, Ash wanted to stop in at the Pokémon Center so he could call Professors Kukui and  Burnet to let them know he had arrived safely as he knew they would be worried.

"Welcome to the Pokémon Centre...Ash? Ash Ketchum? You were amazing in the Alola League! Congratulations on your victory! Is there anything I can help with?" Nurse Joy asked as Ash walked up to the counter.
"Hi Nurse Joy! Thank you so much! It was an amazing experience. Can you please check over my Pikachu and Lycanroc?"
"It would be my pleasure!" Nurse Joy turned to look at Pikachu and Lycanroc, gasping as she saw the latter.
"I have never seen a Lycanroc in this form before in person! I almost didn't believe my eyes when I saw him on the TV during your battles! What form is he?"
"Oh yeah! I forget he is a rare form sometimes." Ash said chuckling. "He is a Dusk Form."
"I will have to make note of it for others!" Nurse Joy said. She took the Pokémon into the back as Ash walked over to a phone to call Kukui and Burnet.

The phone rang for only a few moments before Professor Burnet answered.
"Ash! I was starting to worry! How was the flight?" She turned her head and called out to her husband. "Kukui! It's Ash! They made it safely back to Kanto!"
Ash smiled as Professor Kukui ran into view on the screen, panting a little from the exertion.
"Alola Professor Kukui, Professor Burnet! The flight was good and we managed to sleep most of the way so it went by quickly. We are just at the Pokémon Centre heading out of town on the road to Pallet Town."
"That's good to hear Ash." Kukui said, smiling. "It's definitely quiet around here without you three but the others are keeping us company and are doing well."
Ash noticed the sad look in Professor Burnet's eyes.
"Is everything ok Professor Burnet?" He asked, a little concern seeping into his voice.
Burnet smiled softly and nodded. "Yeah, it's just a little sad not having you here. I set 3 places at the dinner table last night before remembering you were on the flight. It will take some time to get used to is all."

Ash talked with the professors for a while longer until he heard the bell ding, letting him know his Pokémon were ready.
"I will call again soon ok guys? I promise!"
Kukui and Burnet nodded, smiles on their faces as they said goodbye and hung up the phone.

"Your Pokémon are all ready to go Ash!" Said Nurse Joy. "Take care of him you two, he always gets into trouble!" She said to Pikachu and Lycanroc.
The Pokémon nodded and thanked her before jumping down and joining Ash as he walked out the door.

"Ready guys? Next stop, Pallet Town!"