苦しむ ∙ 𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Start from the beginning

Sᴇᴏᴜʟ Mᴇᴛʀᴏᴘᴏʟɪᴛᴀɴ Pᴏʟɪᴄᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴄʏ

Through the course of their small partnership thus far, Min Yoongi considered himself the optimist one compared to Jungkook, something people thought would surely be stamped out of him with time. It never did. Even with the difficult temper, in his six years as an investigator, he always got what he wanted, whether the truth or a clue.

But at this moment, he found himself lamentably pessimistic at how things turned out. By the time the precinct came into view, he was working through the next steps in his mind. It was a long shot, but it was still a lead, still something to chase and more than they had before — her DNA.

Just, with his partner missing, made things a bit more difficult. 

The department was a mess that morning. Officers still inspected the area where Jungkook disappeared and even using one of their best dogs. Chief Kim couldn't be in a worse mood either, but no one could blame him. In less than two weeks since the group returned to the country, the police already had their first failure. And a big one.

From his workbooth, Yoongi saw his coworker Kim Jisoo leaning against her desk, eyes a bit wider than normal, elbows bent, biting the nails of her two thumbs. He released a breath and got up. 

Jisoo flickered seeing the cup of coffee that was placed on her desk and blinked up. Her shoulders sagged. "Oh, Yoongi... "

"You might need this," he pointed to the cup. "It's gonna be a long day."

"Thanks," she gave him a small smile, dragging it to her but didn't drink. "Have you found something?"

"I'm still waiting for the forensic team with the DNA analysis. We'll be able to try to contact a family member or someone related to the woman if the blood on the broken glass truly belongs to her. "

Jisoo nodded and kept silent. She was visibly worried for her friend and that was very clear.

"I know you're not part of those who are working on this case, but... It'll be a big help if you could do something for us."

She frowned, confused. "Why?"

"By the tons of things Jungkook said about you in the short time we spent together, I got the idea that you're not just a simple coworker, but his friend too."

Considering what had transpired and the distress going on, it seemed that the well of emotions was still controlling Jisoo to some extent. This was new information to her, Yoongi noticed by the fleeting dust of blush on her cheeks. 

"Chasing Lee Jieun and trying to catch her by himself in case things turned out wrong, it's something Jungkook would do?"

Jisoo didn't even have to think about it and nodded. "It's common for him to pursue clues alone... but only when it's a job he's really interested in. Something that motivates him. When it becomes a passion," she asked brokenly, trying to swallow a lump. "These last few days studying the Kazoku case, Jungkook didn't seem excited at all."

Yoongi had to agree with that. He truly wasn't.

"There's no way to know for sure... My theory is that other members were in that zone too. That Lee Jieun wasn't alone... and they realized that he was a policeman somehow. They probably did to him the same thing they do to everyone they meet and consider a danger."