Chapter 7- Roman takes Home Friends

Start from the beginning

So, Roman had invited them over to hang out. He wasn't really sure what they were going to do yet but they'd find something. There were a couple board games in the garage or maybe they could watch a movie. Worst case scenario they leave the house and go to the park again or something.

Roman and Remus led the way up the driveway, and showed the others inside, "Wow," Patton said as soon as they got inside, "Your house is so nice Roman, it feels so cozy in here."

"Definitely gives off a safe vibe," Anxiety agreed with a nod, "I like it, nice and warm."

"Oh," Roman smiled, "Thanks, that's my Mama's doing. It's her superpower."

"She even made the hospital seem like home when we had to live there," Remus added, "She did everything she could to make it feel nice. She even got in a fight with this one nurse about putting up my old horror movie posters."

"Oh yeah! Nurse Rana! Oh, she was the worst, I swear she came straight from hell." Roman laughed as he let everyone in and took his shoes off.

"I mean seriously, I was dying. What was her deal?" Remus complained with a roll of his eyes. No one missed how Roman flinched slightly and they let the conversation trail off.

"Do you two want something to eat?" Roman offered to the two other humans in the room, "I usually have toast and jam but there's other stuff. I can make something too if you want."

"Toast and jam sounds nice," Patton said.

"Sounds healthy as well, much better than the snacks others like to enjoy after a school day." Logan glanced over at Patton and they laughed slightly as Roman got their snacks ready.

A few minutes later Logan, Patton, Deceit, and Anxiety were sitting at the bar stools while the twins sat on the kitchen counter. Those who were still breathing were enjoying their mid-afternoon snack as they all talked between themselves. Logan really seemed to be enjoying the snack, already on his third slice. Nobody else but Roman understood why the jam was so special and extraordinary. According to Patton and Remus, Crofters were just like any other jam you buy at the store.

"It looks like jam, it can't be that special" Anxiety said as Roman wrote down his favorite flavors so Logan would know what kind was good or not. The nerd had now sworn to never let another spoonful of jelly touch his lips unless it was this specific jelly brand.

"Oh how wrong you are my dear Anxiety," Roman told him, "Crofters is the best thing to put on or between sliced bread since sliced bread itself. It is the king of all jams. Compared to all the other jams in the store, Crofters is royalty. Only a peasant would enjoy anything else."

Anxiety rolled his eyes again as he muttered something about wishing he could still taste so he could prove just how big of an idiot these two were being.

"Have either of you gotten a hang on touching things yet?" Roman asked after he and Logan had finally stopped fawning over a bread spread. Remus had been trying to teach Anxiety and Dee how to do ghost stuff since they first learned Remus could pick things up. So far, they had only noticed more differences between the three of them.

Like Anxiety and Dee could interact with technology much easier then Remus could, but still really struggled to pick anything up. It was a real struggle for both of them and drained them easily. Or how they could interact with water and liquids, like writing on a foggy mirror or carrying water in their hands as if it was a cup. Water passed right through Remus though. There were all sorts of things they had noticed, enough so that Logan had begun to write it all down and keep track of it.

"Nah, they're still awful at it," Remus said with a shrug.

Deceit hummed as he examined his gloved hands "Just like how you're awful at video games? I seem to have a wonderful memory of Anxiety beating you at Mario Kart without even having to hold the controller."