VII- A Bird That Soars

"Then the one that gave you a letter most likely to be Hairi" Leto replied.

"What now?"

Don't tell me you are gonna implicate the Kuryuu family into another family's mess

Leto thought, betrayals in Mafia alliances are common and the Kuryuu family has been progressing rapidly and as far as he could see it things are going well and what more does Dakota have to reach?

As if reading Leto's mind Dakota stared at him.

"I will take it as a gamble, if Hairi suceeds then we could form alliance and we will reap Izumi's assets and if Izumi suceeds then......it will never happen" her last phrase held confidence as well as indifference.

"That arrogant attitude of yours really....sigh*" Leto pinched the space between his brows.

The next day Dakota spent her day in her family's company and waited until night to meet with Hairi.

The screen doors were opened by Tori family's men, it revealed a woman sitting on the cushion while wearing a kimono while elegantly drinking tea. Her hair was put into a simple bun with a flower hairpin on it making her look simple yet beautiful.

Her elegance and perfection put Dakota to an awkward situation, she was just wearing a black strap oversized jacket paired with a black crop shirt and a black cargo pants, there were no elegance at all.

Even though Dakota had etiquette she only use it at formal occasions.

Dakota sat on the opposite side of Hairi as she was poured with tea by the butler.

"It's nice to finally meet you Ms Dakota" Hairi spoke with a formal and distant tone.

"I know we are not just here to have some cup of tea I presume Ms Tori" Dakota took a sip from the cup feeling refreshed as the tea went smoothly on her mouth.

Hairi raised her hand and dismissed her butler and men that was standing on the side.

"You were quiet brave yourself Dakota not having any guards with you while going to an enemy's territory" Hairi dropped her formality and spoke straight forward to Dakota.

She is good, knowing that I am not the type of person to go through sideways she immediately changes her attitude

Dakota praised Hairi in her mind yet her expression did not express her thoughts.

"Hairi tell me what makes you think you are worthy of your family head position?" Dakota asked with a provoking gaze trying to read the other person.

"Simple my brother and sister are not fit for it, my brother is an omega and there are a lot of alphas in the family, prideful alphas won't let an omega lead them. Izumi is a competent one but is greedy in nature, there will be a day when her greed will implicate the family, not only that she will ensure her position in the family secured with me and my brother both dead" Hairi replied truthfully, there were no traces of grief nor sadness in her face when she told her side of story, she was not trying to gather pity but showing her composure to the situation where her life is hanging on a thread.

Dakota smiled inwardly, she knew Hairi wanted to protect her brother which makes Dakota reminisce Shion.

A kind older sibling, in what lengths do they have to go through to protect their younger siblings?

"In what agreement would you want to establish?" Dakota took another sip of tea waiting for Hairi's reply.

"A marriage agreement"

Her words choked Dakota.

A-a what? Does she mean me and her?

Dakota wanted to shake that thought off, female alphas could marry each other and have a child since female alphas have a retractable p*nis.

"Between our children" Hairi added which eased Dakota's thoughts.

Indeed a marriage agreement is something that cannot easily be broken but between our children? We both don't even have spouses moreover a child

Dakota agreed and just like that a bond formed between her and Hairi.

Dakota drove to Vermilion district to have a drink, the district's view always amazes her even though she knew the place were filled with 'filth' and vices. The buildings were decorated with LED lights and massive LED screens in the buildings, not only that the massive crowds of people  brought liveliness in the streets.

She entered a bar called Brilliante, a famous bar that serves the most finest and expensive drinks in the whole thirteen sectors.

"Good evening" the bar tender greeted Dakota with a smile.

"Just give me anything" Dakota settled in the chair as she stared at the other costumers.

The bar tender gave her the drink and Dakota accepted it with a smile.

This place is not as filthy as I thought

She thought as she took a sip.

Sometimes the things we consider as dirty are part of us, we need to let ourselves loose in order to find ourselves. She stared at the smiling faces of the people around her.

Pain

That's the only word she could describe their smiles, they only came here to forget their problems even just for a little moment before going back to their problems.

"Dakota" a soft voice called out.

Upon hearing it Dakota stared at the man before her.

He had delicate features on his face which makes him appeal very charming and innocent that one would greedily snatch him away to be kept as a keepsake. He was very timid as he continued to fiddle with his fingers as he shyly stared at Dakota.

She stared at his eyes that were filled with grief and unyielding sadness.

"What business do you have with me?" Dakota asked in a serious voice somehow this person looks relatively familiar. Dakota stared at his collar and immediately guessed his identity.

An omega? But what do I have to do with him?

"I...I.." the man stuttered as a few droplet of tears almost escaped his eyes.

"Hey where did you go?" suddenly a beautiful female  wrapped her arms around the man with a seductive smile on her face.

Unfortunately the man showed uncomfortablenss towards her....no...it was more like disgust.

Is he??

A sudden realization hit Dakota very hard.