V

Dakota rested in her couch comfortably as traces of tiredness could be seen in her face.

"Damn brother why did you have to leave?" she spoke with an annoyed tone yet a tone of sadness lingers in her voice.

"If you were here then you would be the one handling those two wild hounds!" Dakota snatched a pillow as she threw it away, the two wild hounds she was referring were her parents, as wild as they are who are always busy with their 'play things' in heat and bark like dogs when it comes to scolding her.

Amidst her rest her phone suddenly made a slight tone that caught Dakota's attention. Her long slender fingers lazily grabbed her phone as she opened it only to see a message that contains a reminder to the birthday party of the male lead's mother.

"Give me a break"

She let her phone slid down her hand to the the floor as she frowned.

I can't believe I have tried my best to avoid the male lead since he was a troublesome person and now I am offering myself to him?

Dakota thought with full of disbelief, not only that but her parents also wanted her to get intimate with him and the thought of that made her shiver.

"I won't go and they can't make me go!"

:
:
:

"Ugh"

Dakota uncomfortably stood in front of the crowd as they greet her.

Okay...she promised herself to not go but ended up going since Desmund himself came to pick her up.

She gripped the wine glass in her hand as she caught a glimpse of her parents who were happily chatting with Mr and Mrs Ingorov.

"We need to talk" a deep husky voice sounded as it startled Dakota hearing it so close in her ear.

It was Desmund

As expected of the male lead, no one could deny the fact that no matter what angle they look at him, he is a handsome and elegant young man a perfect candidate for the young ladies in the high society.

Noble, wealthy, intelligent and most importantly he was an alpha he was truly blessed by the heavens.

Dakota was grabbed by Desmund as he took her to a another room in the hotel.

"I didn't expect young master Ingorov to be so aggressive" Dakota teased with a smirk as she took a sip from her wine.

She was wearing a tight crimson red dress with sleeves that barely reached her knees, it truly suited her as she let down her long black hair making her look very feminine which contrasts to her usual style.

Desmund stared at the traces of wine in Dakota's lips and stared at her beautiful face for a moment before speaking up.

"What are you planning?" Desmund spoke in a cold tone as he stared at Dakota unblinking.

"Should young master Ingorov be more specific?" Dakota walked closer to him while staring at his eyes with a chuckle.

Somehow his very serious face seems too hilarious for her. Dakota had to admit she was not fully sober as she had drank quite a lot of wine.

"Buying all the shares of the investors in your company what were you thinking?" Desmund added ignoring her current temperament.

"That's what you want to ask?" Dakota stopped laughing and spoke with an innocent tone.

"Then let me tell you" she walked closed to him that he could smell her perfume and almost seem like they were hugging each other.

"On the second thought I'm not telling you" Dakota wisphered on his ear with a serious tone and walked away leaving him confused.

It was like she was talking to him while changing personas.

What a unreadable woman

Desmund thought as he stared at her, he was planning to dissolve their engagement but it seems like he has to postpone that idea and keep her by his side for a while.

If such a person exists he can guarantee a difficult opponent in business.

How can someone buy all the shares from the investors of her own company? Then how will she run her business without any backing from the investors?

Those questions remains unanswered if the only person who is capable of answering those does not want to answer it.

"My dear Dakota" Mrs Ingorov spoke as she hugged Dakota happily.

"Aunt" Dakota flashed a big bright smile that she could feel her lips ripping apart.

"I swear my son is here not long ago" Mrs Ingorov worriedly spoke as she tried to search for Desmund's whereabouts.

"I guess he was busy but aunt you look very stunning" Dakota tried to shift the topic by flattering her.

"Oh my!" Mrs Ingorov shyly accepted the flattery.

"Busy? How can I be busy on my mother's big night?" Desmund's tone sounded as it caught their attention.

What is he doing?

Dakota asked herself as she tried to read him with her gaze. Desmund greeted Dakota's parents with his charming smile that sent chills to Dakota.

No matter what I look at it, it's not charming at all!

She screamed in her heart protestingly as the male lead never acted this way in the novel unless he wanted to crush someone.

Desmund Ingorov, a typical perfect male lead with a sadistic nature of watching his enemies' downfall with that kind of smirk he was currently showing.

He wants to play? Bring it on!

Dakota thought, she was already prepared meeting the person that could send her to her fated tragic ending. The whole Mafia family is not for show and serves a purpose, messing with her is messing with the Underworld society.

"Dakota how could you left me alone? I was lonely.....and we are in the middle of something" Desmund showed a pitiful expression to Dakota.

His words shocked both of their parents as his words held another meaning.

This guy is imitating me isn't he?

Earlier she had the guts to mess with him since she was a bit drunk, not only that she shifted her persona to irritate him, making him think she was crazy and increase the chances of breaking their engagement off.

But this.......what is this??

There was a pure disgust and disbelief in Dakota's face as she looked at the person infront of her.