A Risky Recoupling

Start from the beginning

Toby is the first boy to stand.

"I would like to couple up with this girl because we have clicked and there's a lot of sexual chemistry. She's gorgeous and I never know what is coming. I'm excited to get to know her more. So the boy I would like to couple up with is ... Chloe."

Chloe and Toby share a cute little kiss and then sit down as our first official couple.

Liam is up next. He makes an adorable speech, confessing his interest in Millie. They are one of the couples in here I can see going all the way. I hope it works out as Liam makes her unbelievably happy.

The next text comes through on Brad's phone. He stands up and bites his lower lip, thinking hard about who he's going to pick. I feel my palms start to sweat. I was so sure he and Lucinda were strong. If he picks me, shit will hit the fan.

"Okay," Brad starts. "I would like to couple up with this girl because we get along very well. I don't know if anything will blossom, but I don't know how willing I am to make it work."

... You what.

"The truth is, I would rather couple with a different girl. But out of respect for my boys and for this girl, I'm going to let her crack on, as we don't need any more drama in here. So the girl I would like to couple up with is ... Lucinda."

Nobody applauds. We watch Lucinda walk over to Brad and take a seat beside him. I would be humiliated to be on the other side of that speech. I'm happy I wasn't chosen, but I wouldn't have handled it like that.

"That was savage," Sharon whispers in my ear. I just nod in agreement. I don't know what to think about Brad anymore. I keep getting mixed signals.

Thankfully, the next boy to receive a text is Hugo. He bounces out of his seat with that cheeky smile that I'm falling for. When he looks at me, I get tunnel vision - everything else fades and it feels like it's just us two, staring at one another from across a room. I can't wait to hear his speech.

"I would like to couple up with this girl because she is drop-dead gorgeous."

Butterflies.

"Not only is she, in my opinion, the fittest girl in the villa, but she is also one of the kindest and funniest girls I've ever met. I always want to be around her, and we bring out the best in each other. We're getting even closer as the days go by. I can't wait to see where Love Island takes us. So the girl I would like to couple up with is..."

"Gemma!"

Sharon pulls me into a hug and wishes me congratulations. Once I've wished the remaining girls good luck, I go and join my partner.

"You are so cute," I whisper before placing a kiss on Hugo's lips. We take a seat beside each other. He throws an arm around my shoulder, pulling me close to his side.

"I got so nervous."

"That was an amazing speech." I place a hand on his knee. "Well done babe."

Kaz, Sharon, Faye and Rachel are the four remaining girls. I love them all so much. Knowing that one has to leave is a brutal reality.

Aaron is the next to receive a text. He makes a speech about a bubbly girl that he sees as a sister. "So the girl I would like to couple up with is ... Kaz."

Thank god. He and Kaz are like best friends. They'll look after one another.

Next up is Jake. He makes a similar speech about wanting this girl to find love in the villa.

"So the girl I would like to couple up with is ... Sharon."

My girl is safe for another week.

Rachel and Faye stand hand in hand. The final decision is down to Teddy. I have no idea who he will couple up with. Faye and Rachel both fancy the pants off of him. It's going to be devastating to see one of them leave.

'I love you' I mouth to Faye.

'I love you too'.

"I would like to couple up with this girl because she is fiery. I caught eyes with her as soon as she came in and we clicked instantly. We have a lot in common and I think we're very similar. I'm excited to learn some more about her and see where we can go intimately. So the girl I would like to couple up with is ..."

Hugo squeezes my hand reassuringly.

"Faye."

It's a bittersweet moment to hear her name. One of my sisters is safe, but another is leaving.

Sharon is the first to pull Rachel into a hug. The tears begin to fall immediately. I'm the next to join them, with tears collecting in our eyes.

"Please don't cry, Gem. Don't cry, or I'll cry!"

Faye and Sharon follow Rachel inside to help her sort her things out. I stand outside for a while and wait for the tears to dry.

"It'll be okay." Jake is one of the first boys to come and comfort me. "She'll find her man on the outside. We all know it."

"It's true," Brad adds. He is the next boy to encase me in a hug. He rubs small circles into my back, holding me for a little longer than I thought he might.

"Yeah, she'll be okay." I hear Hugo's voice from behind me. His tone is reassuring, yet firm. As soon as Brad unleashes his arms, Hugo's wrap around my waist. He places a soft kiss on my neck. Of all the boys in the villa, I know Hugo is the one I can trust most.

We spend the rest of the night packing up Rachel's things. She donates me a few pairs of shoes and some hair bobbles and gives Chloe some other clothes too. After her suitcase is zipped shut, Sharon carries the case downstairs and we say our painful goodbyes.

It's so weird to see Rachel walk away from the villa. I know she'll be missed, but I hope that she finds the man for her on the outside. Once she's wandered down the trail, we all make our way to our new beds.

I throw on some black lingerie and tie my hair in a bun. Hugo and I brush our teeth together and then hop into our new bed, conveniently placed next to Brad and Lucinda. Having Brad on one side of me and Hugo on the other isn't something most girls would complain about, but this could be very awkward.

I don't entertain Brad tonight. Instead, I roll up into Hugo's arms and cuddle him until the lights go out. We share a few passionate kisses, and then doze off to sleep.

The next day...

"Peppermint tea for you both." Brad enters the bedroom and places two mugs beside Hugo. "You need anything else?"

"Nah. We're all good."

As annoying as he can be, I have missed his peppermint tea skills. I turn my head to where Lucinda is laid. She's staring at the wall, sipping down a black coffee with her sunglasses pushed up her nose. "How was your night, Cind?" Hugo asks.

"Awkward as fuck. I don't want to be coupled with him after the speech he gave."

"It was a bit muggy." Millie agrees from the bed over. "No one was expecting it."

"Who was the girl he was referring to?" Aaron asks, as if it's not obvious. Everyone just looks at one another. I know he meant me. Sharon and Kaz look pretty confident as well. Toby and Aaron are blind as bats. "... Okay then. I'm gonna go get ready."

"Me too." I smile. "Save me a sunbed?"

"Of course." Faye grins, laying down by mine and Hugo's feet.

Millie and I get ready with one another whilst throwing on some light makeup and matching green bikini's. Once we've finished getting ready, we head down to the poolside, just in time for a text to arrive on my phone.

"I've got a text!" I bellow from the sunbed. I pull up iMessage and read it aloud. "Islanders. Get ready to make a meal out of today's couples challenge - Spit the Roast. #meatandtwoveg #itsallgravy."

* * * * *

How are you all feeling about Hugo and Gemma? x