The First Couples

Gemma P.O.V

The first man to bless the villa is broad shouldered and incredibly muscly. He jogs in with a smile painted on his face that gets my heart racing. My eyes are drawn to his deep red swimming trunks and tattoos melting down his torso to his thigh. His strawberry blonde hair lays ruffled on his head, framing his bright eyes.

"Well Jake, I hope you like the ladies in front of you. Now before you couple you with one of them, I'm going to make your life a bit easier," Laura smiles. "Girls. If you like the look of Jake, please step forward."

He's really cute ... and I don't know who's gonna walk through that door next...

I step over the heart on the floor and look around. I'm the only girl that's stepped forward. Jake and I make intense eye contact, with grins creeping on both of our faces. My palms are sweating. It feels like a blast of electricity tumbling through my veins. My heart could fall out of my chest.

"So, Jake. Gemma has stepped forward. But you can couple up with any of the girls in front of you."

"I'd quite like to couple with Gemma." Jake chuckles. Before Laura can finish her sentence, Jake is jogging over.

"So we have our first couple!"

As Jake takes me into a warm cuddle, I catch the scent of his aftershave. He's got that classic manly smell that attracts me even more.

"Gemma and Jake are our first couple! You look amazing together!"

He places his hand on the small of my back, which shocks me at first, but then comforts me.

"Now it's time to welcome our next boy! Please welcome ... Aaron."

Aaron walks in with no care in the world. He looks so put together, yet so effortless at the same time. With his glistening abs and black swim trunks, he's definitely setting the bar looks wise.

"Girls, if you like the look of Aaron ... please step forward."

For a moment, I don't think anyone is going to step forward. But after a couple of seconds, Faye and Kaz show their interest.

"So Faye and Kaz have both stepped forward!" Laura announces. "Who would you like to couple up with?"

Aaron flicks his eyes between the two girls. "... Number 5?"

Who? ... oh ... Shannon!

"If he can't remember my name then I've dodged a bullet there!" Faye announces passive aggressively once the pair have stood together. They make a good looking couple, to be fair. Shannon doesn't look too impressed - she's closed herself off since the boys have appeared. I remember her saying that she's more of a slow burner, and likes personality over looks.

"Let's welcome the next boy! Please welcome ... Hugo."

I'm getting puppy vibes. Hugo, although still built like a god, is more lean than the other boys. He's blonde, like Jake, but his hair is more ruffled and curly at the ends. His skin is paler than the others, ready to home a Spanish tan. His smile is undoubtedly cheeky.

He's cute, but I don't have the initial attraction. When Laura asks who wants to couple up, no one steps forward.

Although there's only a five second silence, the awkwardness can be felt for miles. I keep my eyes glued to the floor, just wanting someone to step forward for this lovely boy. The whistle of the wind rings through my ears, begging someone to break the silence.

"Well Hugo, although no one has stepped forward, you can couple with any of the girls. So ... who would you like to couple up with?"

After a short silence, Hugo chooses to couple with Faye. They share a hug and step back into the line, forming our third couple.