1. Willow Phoenix Azar Ollivander

With a smile on her face, Willow opened the door to Ollivanders, her signature scarlet lips pulled into a smile as she heard the familiar ding of the bell. "One moment, please," a thin voice called, only causing Willow to smile wider. The old man appeared, beginning, "Now what can I-" He looked up, stopping mid-sentence. With tears in his eyes, he said, "Willa?"

"Hi Papi," she replied. He rushed, well as well as an older man can, towards her and embraced her. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too," he replied. "What're you doing back, I thought-"

"I finished, Papi," she replied excitedly. "I finished my studies and I'm officially a licenced potioneer and magical creatures specialist."

"Oh, congratulations," he replied, embracing her again. Willow smiled and moved with him behind his desk in case any customers appeared. "Your mother would have been so proud," he said. Willow smiled sadly at that.

"I know, Papi," she said, a few tears in her golden eyes.

"Oh, I didn't mean to-"

Shaking her head, she blinked away her tears and replied, "It's okay. I know she would have loved me. You made sure of that." Ollivander smiled at his granddaughter. After a hesitant pause, Willow asked, "Papi, now that I'm older, I think that..." she sighed. "I think I want to find my father. Do you know who he was?"

"I promised Evanora," Ollivander protested. "She didn't want you raised around him."

"Papi, it's been twenty-three years," Willow countered. "Please." He sighed. Seeing he wasn't going to give it up, she said, "Fine. I'll figure it out myself. I'm looking for a job right now, actually."

"Of course," he replied. "I actually just finished making something for you."

Raising an eyebrow, she replied, "Oh? Papi, you didn't have to."

"I wanted to," he replied, returning with a small box. Opening it, he explained, "I know you have one, but I wanted to make you a special wand."

"Papi," she gasped, looking at the beautiful piece. Picking it up, she felt the wand fill with warmth at her touch. Examining it, she assessed, "Dragon heartstring, fourteen and a half inches and..." She drifted off, examining the wood. Once she had gotten it, she sighed, "Willow? Really, Papi?" He let out a laugh and Willow couldn't help but join in the laughter. "Well, I love it. Thank you."

"Anything for you, dear," he replied. "So, where are you planning on applying?"

"I have a few ideas," she admitted with a frown. "I have an old friend I need to go see and I think he'll be able to help me."

"Oh?" Ollivander replied. She smiled, not answering the question in his eye.

"I'll be back," she promised, kissing his cheek.

⥖💮⽊💮⥗

Willow Phoenix Azar Ollivander was one of the most captivating and powerful witches to cross the halls of Hogwarts. Her full, red lips, adopted in the fifth year, had overworked and broken more hearts than she would ever know. Her golden eyes enticed and intrigued men and women alike with their mysterious air and serious countenance. She had had admirers throughout her years at Hogwarts and through her training as a potioneer, but she had barely noticed any of them, preferring the company of her friends and books.

Her red lips twisted into a grin as she stepped into the Hogwarts halls once again. Her hands in her pockets, she walked along until she came down to the dungeons and the potions lab. Knocking, she swung around the doorframe with a wicked grin and called, "Miss me?"

Severus Snape looked up and couldn't help the faint upturn of his lips at his protege as she came in and jumped to sit on the desk nearest to where he was working. "Willow Ollivander, what a surprise," he said. "Since you're here, you might as well help me." Her smiled widened as she pulled her long dark hair back into a messy bun and sat next to him, looking over the ingredients.

"Dreamless sleeping drafts?" she guessed. He nodded.

"At least I managed to teach you something, Ollivander," he said.

"Oh come now," she pouted. "You love me, you just won't admit it."

"Perhaps," he replied with a restrained smile. "However, we both know that without my instruction you would never have passed your potioneer exam."

"I'm highly offended by that," Willow said, precisely stirring until it turned the proper colour. "You merely helped. I would have figured it out."

"Oh how I regret ever agreeing to take you on as an apprentice," he grumbled. Willow grinned, far too used to his teasing to take any of it seriously.

"So, I actually had a reason to come see you," Willow admitted after they had been working in silence for a few minutes. "I'm looking for a job."

"As a potioneer or in your, ah, other profession?" he asked.

"Either," she admitted with a shrug.

"I know the Care of Magical Creatures teaching position just opened up," Severus said.

"Really?" Willow replied. "Huh. I might have to talk to Dumbledore about that."

"He's thinking of hiring Hagrid," he admitted.

"Huh," Willow said. "I don't know about that one. I know he's passionate and he does know a lot, but I can't say I trust his judgment." Severus smiled but did not reply. Once they got to a stopping point where the potion was to simmer for a few minutes, Willow asked, "Is there anything else available you know of?"

"Not outside of this school," Severus admitted. "We also have another opening."

"What's that?" Willow asked, quirking one of her immaculate and severe eyebrows.

"Dumbledore wants to hire a professional to aid Madam Pomfrey with medical potions," he explained. "She has expressed worry after last year's events." Willow winced.

"Yeah, I heard about that," she admitted. "How's the school recuperating?"

"Well enough," he replied. "A few students were pulled out, but not enough to cause much worry."

"I see," Willow replied. "Well, I might as well. Is Dumbledore in right now?"

"Yes, but he actually asked that I find and hire the person for the job," Severus replied.

Faking hurt, Willow teased, "And you didn't instantly think of moi?"

"He told me this morning," Severus defended.

Waving him off, Willow replied, "You're forgiven then, I guess. So should I consider myself hired or do you want to test my skills?"

"I know your skills," he retorted. Looking up from where he had begun working at the potion again, he saw the excited glee in her eyes. With a sigh, he accused, "You just want an excuse to make a difficult potion."

"Maybe," she said with an all-too-familiar gleam in her eye.

"Very well then," Severus said. "Come in tomorrow. You'll have twelve hours to make a cauldron of Draught of Living Death, Felix Felicis, the Wolfsbane potion, and Draught of Peace." Seeing Willow wasn't deterred in the slightest, in fact, the challenge had caused her eyes to lighten even more, he added, "And Veritaserum."

"Veritaserum?" Willow repeated in confusion.

Shrugging, he replied, "I've run out."

Letting out a laugh, she asked, "And what on earth, dear Severus, are you using Veritaserum for?"

"I have my reasons. Now leave me in peace. I'll see you tomorrow promptly at seven."

"Eight," she bartered.

"Seven."

"Nine."

"Seven."

"Nine."

With a begrudging sigh, he agreed, "Eight." She smirked, knowing she had won this round.

Grinning widely, Willow headed off, calling, "See you then, teach!" Unwillingly, Severus smiled.